Goblins!

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Anybody ever read the online web comic series, Goblins?

Goblins - Life Through Their Eyes

I stumbled across it the other day and started to read from the beginning (way back in 2001!). At first, I thought it was just going to be another parody comic that lampoons the world of D&D...and it does do that (with much of the humor going over my head). However, halfway through Book One the story took a decidedly serious twist with a nasty battle between a party of level 1 adventures and a clan of hapless goblins that are sick of being picked upon for no good reason. From there, the story has proven to be an intriguing bit of black comedy with clever twists and - get this - characters that are actually pretty interesting and well fleshed out! The artistry is pretty good too (IIRC, Goblins is a three person effort).

Don't know if I will ever manage to wade through all the back issues, but so far I am impressed!

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It is a nice twist on the fantasy norm with a lot of content, not just your standard hack & slash storyline.

I jumped in and made it to the point where one Goblin is trying to return the elf-girls rabbit-doll.

Thanks Scott!

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That's exactly where I am, too! What hooked me was how serious the story became with the first battle. It really is a black comedy....

pward

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Read it this past weekend. It's now on my list of comics to check on a regular basis.

Have you checked out the "tempts fate" set of comics? Those are funny as well, I'd like to see one in progress, rather than play catch up with the old donation drives.

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've been saving that one for when I catch up with Goblins. I am halfway through Book Three and loved every minute of it! The writing is really great! I could almost weep for what the GoblinSlayer did to Fumbles. :cry:

Goblins would make for a great anime series. I wish someone would do a Western-themed fantasy cartoon if for no other reason than to get away from all the Eastern-themed Samurai stuff that I can't take any more.