Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

AZslim

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, here is this guys second module in the nam series, with Armor to boot. Did MMP give this guy the nod to produce this module just becouse the counters look very official looking.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GLORY-GRIEF-2-ASL-Vietnam-Variant-Module-TWO-ah-spi_W0QQitemZ190276795101QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item190276795101&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1205|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Also has anybody purchased this guys past efforts and tried the scenarios?

Scott
Know anybody that playtested this?:)

WBRP

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I'm not as surprised by the 9 FP as I am by the 8 ML, even though they're Marines...and - OMG - 9 ML, too, I didn't even notice at first!

Last edited:

MrP

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Looks..........bugger me, I'm speechless. Interesting. Weird. 9ML. 4 scenarios.

DerBlitzer

Reaction score
Country
llTurkey
Interesting. Check out the 22/18 AFs for one of the tanks (Abrams?), too. But he shows only the counters for American units. I'd be interested to see what the VC numbers are.

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wild Bill Wilder has been a writer for wargamer.com for many years. So his wargaming experience is vast. But I wonder about his ASL experience and who contributed and playtested this thing. The marine squads seem out of whack. Maybe he is taken in by the USMC Mythology Department. :p :laugh: :bite: (That should fire somebody up)

Is he only selling this one at a time through eBay?

Ronnblom

Swedish Terminator
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
The Abrams tank wasn't operational until well after the Vietnam War. The American MBT of Vietnam is the M48.

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
The marine squads seem out of whack. Maybe he is taken in by the USMC Mythology Department. :p :laugh: :bite: (That should fire somebody up)

They are out-of-wack for ASL. And he did not get those values from my Marine Mythology Department. Maybe the Royal Marines? :laugh:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
For those of you curious about these Vietnam modules, I have sent the seller a question via ebay, and received a response. Thought you all might be interested, so I thought I'd share it with you all:

It says you are "planning to produce" these, yet the first one got bid through the roof as if it was a rare collectible, and this one too. What is the story - will these be available on a regular basis in future? You mention three modules. I don't want to buy just a part 2 if I can never get the part 1.
Hi. First of all every module is a stand alone module; in other words you do not have to own Module One to play Module Two.

Second, it takes 8 to 10 man hours to "produce" a module of this magnitude. I have to print out the counters on my personnel printer, cut off the excess paper, mount them on thick cardboard, cut out the template, paste on white backing, if necessary or paste on the back of the counters (not easy); laminate the front and the back and then, using a Carl Rotary Cutter model 220, cut out each unit individually. And, if something does not meet my expectation of quality (if I screw up), I have to do it all over again. Not to mention printing the rules and printing and cutting out the overlays. So, yes, we plan on, time permitting, producing these modules as long as there is an interest in the market for them and as long as my partner, Wild Bill Wilder is able to keep on inventing new modules.

And third, the reason the first one got bid through the roof as if it was a rare collectible is, because, as far as I know, no one ever put out an ASL module about the U.S. involvement in Viet Nam. Not to mention over 500 mounted and laminated units AND an overlay! Tom
So basically, the guy that bid the first module up to 150 bucks was, as we guessed, foolish for doing so, as they will be putting this up at regular intervals.

Anyone who wants this module - STOP BIDDING NOW. It's up to 50 bucks. Cool your jets and wait for the next one to come around.

Patrocles

Reaction score
Did Ebay take down the Q&A section between the seller and Mr. Dorosh? I can't seem to find it at this time.

jpellam

Kamikaze Landing Gear
Reaction score
Wild Bill Wilder has been a writer for wargamer.com for many years. So his wargaming experience is vast. But I wonder about his ASL experience and who contributed and playtested this thing. The marine squads seem out of whack. Maybe he is taken in by the USMC Mythology Department. :p :laugh: :bite: (That should fire somebody up)

Is he only selling this one at a time through eBay?
I thought the Marine squads should be depicted as 9-9-10, no?:devious:

Ok, so I am biased. :smoke:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Incidentally, I say good for the seller. He is clearly doing nothing wrong. He was honest and up front when asked the question and even posted our exchange to his listing. Good for him. Yes, he could list these modules with a Buy It Now price, but if people are going to pee their pants and bid it through the roof like the Hope Diamond, why should he? I hope he makes a million bucks off the stupidity of the "gotta-have-its". This is capitalism at its best - pure Free Enterprise in action.