GLORY & GRIEF 2 ASL Vietnam Variant Module TWO

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Mark's review is done entirely from the ebay listings, though. He doesn't know anything the rest of us don't know.

Buck does. :D

But I don't have any specific questions other than wanting to see for myself, so I guess I just have to bite the bullet at some point.

I appreciate the offer, though, Buck. I may take you up on it at some point - i.e. if I think of a specific question or two, I may fire something off your way. Good to have experienced gamers like you around.

Buck K

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Mark's review is done entirely from the ebay listings, though. ...so I guess I just have to bite the bullet at some point.

I appreciate the offer, though, Buck. I may take you up on it at some point - i.e. if I think of a specific question or two, I may fire something off your way. Good to have experienced gamers like you around.
Mike, no problem, though I think we have had exchanges on these in the past. I'm not an experienced gamer, just a guy who had a couple hundred dollars in his checking account at the right (umm wrong!?!?) time. These modules are pretty much exactly what they appear to be. They aren't Andy H's work in the Operation Chariot module (I spent four hours looking over Chariot's scenarios/maps/rules last night WOW! I hope it plays half as good as it looks; Pat, no Vietnam river boats so you probably should keep with Jay R's SK tutorials for now; btw I really did enjoy playing Platoon in college, so I think that is a game you should buy cheap on ebay; I still keep my copy on my game shelf, not in off-site storage with the majority of my games, maybe I'll bring it with me on my next trip to Chi-town to do cardboard battle with my new gaming partner!) , or like the well-produced material from BF, HOB, CH or MMP. These are never going to be tourney sensations, but are definitely thoughtful pieces of work and interesting reads. I'm happy with the purchases and I hope to pick up some more, when the budget allows it. I didn't win any of the sets last week -- too many summer camp balances due!! I suspect threads like this are increasing demand, so if you and Pat really want to buy one, I would recommend stop advertising them and/or announcing to the ASL world that another one is on ebay and keeping a running total of the current bid!! Note: my posts probably will run up the bidding out of my own range!! Not sure if my offer to answer Pat's module questions off-line was worth this series of internet blather. I was surprisingly amused by the "you should review or blog for the good of the ASL community" line, I must be mellowing. But every six months I have to re-learn how un-satisfying posting on gamesquad often is, at least this time my cyber buddy Marcus didn't call me a liar!!!

see you in six months!!

bk

Last edited:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I suspect threads like this are increasing demand, so if you and Pat really want to buy one, I would recommend stop advertising them and/or announcing to the ASL world that another one is one ebay and keeping a running total of the current bid!!
True, true, true, but of course, running up demand also increases the likelihood of getting some Chatty Kathy to buy one, who will then feel obliged to spill the beans in obscene and glorious detail on the forum about all these things have to offer, in ways we can't begin to imagine. :laugh:

Patrocles

Reaction score
True, true, true, but of course, running up demand also increases the likelihood of getting some Chatty Kathy to buy one, who will then feel obliged to spill the beans in obscene and glorious detail on the forum about all these things have to offer, in ways we can't begin to imagine. :laugh:
and cheaper to boot! hehe

Thanks for the info, Buck and MD!
:)

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Another new variant - TERRIBLE SWIFT SWORD!

• 420 counters
  • 3 new desert maps
  • 7 overlays, including an Egyptian fort, and border overlay to connect desert maps to regular ASL maps.
  • 20 desert surprise counters to bring more of the unexpected into the fight.
  • 6 scenarios plus one bonus scenario
  • Tanks! Lots of tanks! In this variant are included to name a few, The M-51HV Isherman, the M-47 and M-48, the Centurion, the AMX 13, PT-76, T/54/55, the M-48 AVLB, complete with detachable bridge, and others. New aircraft include the Fouga, the Mystere and the OV-1 Birddog.

Last edited:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
And this is interesting - some of the other modules have been going up as Buy-It-Now. The second Korea module went up as Buy-It-Now with a price of 315 dollars. And it sold. Birds of Prey went as a Buy-It-Now for 210 dollars. I wonder if the prices weren't negotiated beforehand.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wow, I guess stalking pitmann must have gotten old, now its ebay sellers. You do know you could be playing ASL right now instead of hanging about here, right?

Man what a POS u are.

Scott