Global ASL Ladder Challenges & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
I am returning to the ladder after a long layoff as well. (Assuming the ladder is still a going concern which appears to be in Question. Are the standings being updated or is it just the website that's out of service?)
I will take the Japanese in J12 if you wish!
yes!
I would happily play that scenario, ladder or not ladder. But I would also know something about Marc from someone informed. I hope he's ok, but also its FB page does not see any action from long time.

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan
I got an email from Mark on May 1st.

He is fine, doing a R&D project which takes all his time these days. He'll likely be back before too much longer....

(certainly hope so, anyway)

John.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I got an email from Mark on May 1st.

He is fine, doing a R&D project which takes all his time these days. He'll likely be back before too much longer....

(certainly hope so, anyway)

John.
Good. Glad to hear he is ok.

btbroot

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Volunteer efforts can sometimes go into a virtual coma. Emphasis on "volunteer."
It was good while it lasted, but even if it's never revived, I'm thankful for the original effort.
Not that I'm blaming someone for anything, just asking.

So is there any alive ranking DB for ASL players? (beside http://asl-area.org/ which is uhm... dormant)

Blachorn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There is another AREA sight for ASL but it only takes tournament results. Not sure how/why it became split off from the main AREA site. I've been trying to get some more interest going in the normal AREA site since it takes tournament and non tournament results. Slow going but slowly building. I think the main issue is that the ASL community as a whole thinks of AREA as only tournament games. I wasn't even aware of the split, because I only play a lot of 1 on 1 games, either FTF or via VASL.

btbroot

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
There is another AREA sight for ASL but it only takes tournament results. Not sure how/why it became split off from the main AREA site. I've been trying to get some more interest going in the normal AREA site since it takes tournament and non tournament results. Slow going but slowly building. I think the main issue is that the ASL community as a whole thinks of AREA as only tournament games. I wasn't even aware of the split, because I only play a lot of 1 on 1 games, either FTF or via VASL.
Interesting. What's the address of that split?

tunixx

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Is it not? How regular are the updates, from your experience?
Btw. as you will be holding your own tournament: It may be a good idea to get into touch with Bruno, who runs the AREA site, if you want him to enter the tournament results. If you follow certain formal criteria in reporting the games, you will make his live much easier as he will be able to enter the results directly into the database.

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Btw. as you will be holding your own tournament: It may be a good idea to get into touch with Bruno, who runs the AREA site, if you want him to enter the tournament results. If you follow certain formal criteria in reporting the games, you will make his live much easier as he will be able to enter the results directly into the database.
I agree, whoever runs a tournament should contact Bruno and send him the results. AREA is the best (and only as far as I know) place where you can find a decent, realistic, reasonably updated ranking of all ASL active players. Long life to the voluntereers!

btbroot

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Thanks, yeah, I did that already, of course.

Twice a year, OK, I see...

Johnne

Reaction score
First name
John
Country
llUnited States
The link for the latest ladder rules and standings seems to be broken.

Could anyone remind me whether there is a current link?

Cheers,

~John

Status
Not open for further replies.