Global ASL Ladder Challenges & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan
John Knowles challenges Mark Humphries to BFP-034 "Hundred Regiments Offensive". Mark has the attacking CCP (Red Chinese), whilst I have the defending Japanese.

Wow, I never realized just how good the Red Chinese are in ASL: Stealthy, No Cower, No Unit Replacement (even when Commissars are rallying), Dare-Death Squads, Human Wave. They are Partisans on steroids !!!!

Nearmiss

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Tom Arnold (Germans) defeated Sebastiano Caltabiano (Russian) in AP-50 "Panzergeist". This is another of Pete Schelling's great German v Russian combined arms clashes. A meeting engagement culminating in PB combat on the top of the central board 58 hills, as both sides attempt to gain control of individual hill hexes. Highly recommend this 5.5 turn scenario.

burniefox

Doomsower
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Burnie Fox challenges Bob Devereux to a PBEM match of a mutually-agreed-upon scenario TBD.

Hope I did this right!

ppalma3010

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
After another enjoyable game, challenging Miguel Molina to play J8 Block Busting in Bokruisk.........

I will be the attacking Russians and Miguel the defending Germans..............thanks

RZasl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bob Zinselmeyer challenges Steffen Knippel to FT30 - Death is their Trade. I will take the attacking Partisans and Steve will have the Germans.

Mark Humphries...if you get the chance, could you update my location to Dallas, TX? Thanks, we've moved in the last couple months.

Last edited:

SteffenK

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Bob Zinselmeyer challenges Steffen Knippel to FT30 - Death is their Trade. I will take the attacking Partisans and Steve will have the Germans.
Accepted! We'll be using IIFT and playing (mostly) by PBeM.

Looking forward to playing Bob again.

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan
Hi,

Just to make it official:

ALL Blood and Jungle scenarios played between Mark Humphries and John Knowles are Ladder games.

Now, the latest results:

In BFP-034, my Japanese played a game of delay for the first 3 turns. By turn 4, Mark upped the aggression, but the Japanese were able to blunt the CCP's attack, eliminating all Dare-Death squads in the process. With the Japanese reinforcements arriving to solidify my positions, and seeing the amount of work that the CCP still had to get done, Mark conceded.

In BFP-036, Mark's CCP squads heavily defended the heights of board 47, whilst the SWs backed them up from board 36. The terrain is very tough to get through, although I was occasionally helped by some very hot shooting, enabling my KMT squads to punch a number of holes in the defense. But at the worst possible time, Mark got a Leader Creation (A18.2), and was able to scamper the lucky squad deep into my backfield. In spite of a pursuit, I wasn't able to catch up with it, and after an audacious last turn, which saw the KMT otherwise complete the (difficult) VCs, the runaway squad turned out to be the difference, and the KMT was denied victory. A very fun game all the same.

To those of you yet to try some scenarios featuring the Red Chinese, be sure to give them a go before too long. They are a hoot to play !!!

John.

BobEury

Reaction score
First name
Bob
Country
llUnited States
Game Report:

Bob Eury's Russians has surrendered to Pablo Garcia's Germans in DB130. Pablo was a gracious and patient opponent. Pablo, thank-you for your time.

Bob Eury

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan
Hi,

The next challenge for Mark Humphries and myself is BFP-033 "Kunlunguan".

Mark has the attacking KMT Chinese, I have the defending Japanese.

John.

MrHonus

Honus
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
MrHonus (Dave Perham) (USA) defeated Damon (IJA) in ASL 61 Shoestring Ridge. The game completed during the GS Hiatus, on Saturday 17 September, I believe.

Mongo5486

Reaction score
First name
Will
Country
llUnited States
Will Willow's Germans will take on Vic Rosso's Americans in AP106 Helluva Patrol Leader.

asevenson

Greenhorn
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Allen Evenson has Challenged Dennis Sheppard to a ladder match. We'll be playing A29: A Meeting of Patrols, via PBeM. Dennis has chosen the Germans and I will play the Americans.

Status
Not open for further replies.