Global ASL Ladder Challenges & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Humphries

Reaction score
Country
llPhilippines
This thread will be used for issuing challenges and for general discussion of the Global ASL Ladder. Trash talking is condoned. :laugh:

Edit new link to post with active link:

The latest ladder rules and standings can be found above:
http:/ /forums.gamesquad.com/showthre...=1#post1497936

Last edited by a moderator:

BobEury

Reaction score
First name
Bob
Country
llUnited States
MikeZ62,

You are right above me on the ladder; interested in getting a game started? Banana peels, coffee grounds, old newspapers (How's that for trash talk)

Bob Eury

synicbast

ASLOK Junkie
Reaction score
First name
Peter
Country
llNew Zealand
Posting on behalf:

Davide Bendazzi has challenged Peter Palmer.

I have accepted, scenario choice is to be determined, we will dice for sides, IFT will be the default as I do not use IIFT at all. Probably PBeM to start with a little Live VASL later in the scenario, due to domestic commitments and Junobear preventing spare time on the weekend for additional VASL opportunities in the immediate future.

Pete.

Jeff Sewall

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Formalizing a match arranged pre-launch:
Jeff Sewall challenges Burnie Fox
SP115 - The Five Pound Prize; no balance
Jeff has Brits, Burnie has Germans.
pbem, IFT

aiabx

Same as it ever was
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Andy Beaton will be fighting Kevin Killeen - TO THE DEATH!
Scenario still to be decided.

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
I need a clarification.
what happens if the challanged player refuses to play against the challangee? ( for example the scenario proposed is too big/small/boring/complex/unbalanced/played/bugged/dicey).

Mark Humphries

Reaction score
Country
llPhilippines

rcarter

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Tom, I accepted challenge. Let me know if you didn't get my PM. Rick

ASL1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Evening you all!

Jeff Waldon has accepted my challenge
Scenario: BFP 79 "A Hard Push" from Crucible of Steel
we diced for sides
Jeff: Russians [Elements of 151st Guards Regiment 52nd Guards Rifle Division]
Pierce: Germans [Elements of Co 9 Battalion 2, SS PzGr Reg 1, SS Pz Division I]

Kicking this puppy off on Tuesday May 8 on VASL.

Cheers ya'll!!
Pierce:nuts:

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
As per Marks' request, how does the AREA if at all, handle do CG? Do you keep track of each individual scenario for ratings or just the whole shebang or not at all?

No worries on the web site Mark.

I guess some of my confusion is the txt / pdf is just a list of names by number, so I guess you pick the guy ahead of you to challenge? Or maybe I just read the pdf on the rules, lol...

Mark Humphries

Reaction score
Country
llPhilippines
As per Marks' request, how does the AREA if at all, handle do CG? Do you keep track of each individual scenario for ratings or just the whole shebang or not at all?

No worries on the web site Mark.

I guess some of my confusion is the txt / pdf is just a list of names by number, so I guess you pick the guy ahead of you to challenge? Or maybe I just read the pdf on the rules, lol...
Hi Don,

Players' AREA ratings were only used in the initial seeding of the ladder, they no longer come into play. Your current position on the ladder is your rung number (the leftmost column) in the standings file.
You can challenge anyone on the ladder regardless of whether they are higher or lower than you. Challenges are not binding unless accepted.

The rules are found here, don't hesitate to ask if you have further questions. :smoke:
http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread.php?106469-Global-ASL-Ladder-Standings-amp-Announcements&p=1497936&viewfull=1#post1497936
http://forums.gamesquad.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36144&d=1336098109

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark Humphries

Reaction score
Country
llPhilippines
I have just arranged for a domain name and hosting for the ladder. I'll put up a very crude initial site with just the rules and standings within a few days so we won't have to deal with pdf/text files anymore. Eventually we can upgrade it with all the bells and whistles including forms and such.

tallin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have just arranged for a domain name and hosting for the ladder. I'll put up a very crude initial site with just the rules and standings within a few days so we won't have to deal with pdf/text files anymore. Eventually we can upgrade it with all the bells and whistles including forms and such.
Thanks!

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Hey, Mark that sounds great. I am a web developer and know Java and JavaScript and database programming (mostly MS SQL, but have some experience with other DB) if you should need any help.

Can't promise the world but can try to help out if I know the technology, you dont have to pay me, but if your ever in Chicago, buy me a good beer (bring me one from a foreign land)...lol

Mark Humphries

Reaction score
Country
llPhilippines
Hey, Mark that sounds great. I am a web developer and know Java and JavaScript and database programming (mostly MS SQL, but have some experience with other DB) if you should need any help.

Can't promise the world but can try to help out if I know the technology, you dont have to pay me, but if your ever in Chicago, buy me a good beer (bring me one from a foreign land)...lol
Thanks for the kind offer Don. I just put up an admittedly very crude site at http://aslladder.com just to avoid having to deal with pdf files for the standings and the ladder rules. I'll put some thought in the next few days to how we could upgrade it.

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
ok add me,
PM will follow

Elrohir69

Reaction score
First name
Santiago
Country
llSpain
Santiago Penabella will be defending the German positions vs Morten Hjelme who will be leading the Russian attack in First Crisis at Army North Group (ASL 125).
We'll play VASSAL online and using Skype. Game's been scheduled for May 9th.

PS Santiago is not included in Ladder yet, but joining message has been sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.