Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Hi Don,

Players' AREA ratings were only used in the initial seeding of the ladder, they no longer come into play. Your current position on the ladder is your rung number (the leftmost column) in the standings file.
You can challenge anyone on the ladder regardless of whether they are higher or lower than you. Challenges are not binding unless accepted.

The rules are found here, don't hesitate to ask if you have further questions. :smoke:
http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread.php?106469-Global-ASL-Ladder-Standings-amp-Announcements&p=1497936&viewfull=1#post1497936
http://forums.gamesquad.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36144&d=1336098109
Mark
It might be a good idea to let people come in on an AREA basis for 3 months after ladder launch. After that come in at bottom

JMO

Cheers

synicbast

ASLOK Junkie
Reaction score
First name
Peter
Country
llNew Zealand
Confirmed:
Davide Bendazzi (Germans) attacking vs Pete Palmer (Soviets) in Friendly Fire's FrF30 Bidermann's Escape (IFT, PbeM VASL initially with VASL + Skype later)

droubidoux

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bob Eury (Americans) defending vs Douglas Roubidoux (Germans with balance) attacking: A34 Lash Out. (IFT, PbeM)

FJ_MD

Jager
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Confirmed:
Davide Bendazzi (Germans) attacking vs Pete Palmer (Soviets) in Friendly Fire's FrF30 Bidermann's Escape (IFT, PbeM VASL initially with VASL + Skype later)

Yep, the all-out assault started today! Let's hope it will not become a crawling retreat! LOL

CombatWombat81

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llNorway
Santiago Penabella will be defending the German positions vs Morten Hjelme who will be leading the Russian attack in First Crisis at Army North Group (ASL 125).
We'll play VASSAL online and using Skype. Game's been scheduled for May 9th.

PS Santiago is not included in Ladder yet, but joining message has been sent.

Challenge Accepted.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Okay, Mark, what we need some how added to your side is a listing of current/in progress games. In other words, who is matched against who so when I go and click on it I'll see a listing of players that are matched, and like wise it would be nice to see a listing of un matched players.

Maybe between the link 'current ladder standings' and 'ladder rules' we can have two more links showing something like 'Matches in Progress' and something like the Scenario Archives 'Requesting a match' or 'Players not matched' what I like about the scenario archive is you can find a scenario your interested in playing, put in a request (wish list) and if a like minded fellow wanted to play you he could accept it and then you'd get an email.

Right now I know several people are issuing challenges and accepting them but no idea who is free and what is going on.

synicbast

ASLOK Junkie
Reaction score
First name
Peter
Country
llNew Zealand
What is this ladder good for if no one has callenged the laddermeister....

I hereby challenge Mark Humphries to a game of BFP99 Ivanovskii via VASL + Skype as schedules permit, IFT with choice of sides to Mark.

Mark Humphries

Reaction score
Country
llPhilippines

I hereby challenge Mark Humphries to a game of BFP99 Ivanovskii via VASL + Skype as schedules permit, IFT with choice of sides to Mark.
Excellent, challenge accepted Peter! <gulp> I'll dig up the scenario and get back to you after I've selected the winning side. :smoke:

Mark Humphries

Reaction score
Country
llPhilippines
Okay, Mark, what we need some how added to your side is a listing of current/in progress games. In other words, who is matched against who so when I go and click on it I'll see a listing of players that are matched, and like wise it would be nice to see a listing of un matched players.

Maybe between the link 'current ladder standings' and 'ladder rules' we can have two more links showing something like 'Matches in Progress' and something like the Scenario Archives 'Requesting a match' or 'Players not matched' what I like about the scenario archive is you can find a scenario your interested in playing, put in a request (wish list) and if a like minded fellow wanted to play you he could accept it and then you'd get an email.

Right now I know several people are issuing challenges and accepting them but no idea who is free and what is going on.
Sounds like a winning plan Don. I'll get to work on prototyping something along those lines. Perhaps for the wishlist we could just use a link to the player's Scenario Archive wishlist so we don't have to reinvent the wheel.

Mark Humphries

Reaction score
Country
llPhilippines

Confirmed. I will take the attacking Germans for a change of pace :smoke:

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Ducky are you going to come up with a scanario?

I like the look of Land Sharkey from the latest Dispatches
(Since you have run away screaming from the Jungle that is)

Mark Humphries

Reaction score
Country
llPhilippines
Fellow ladderites,

I just checked the ASL Scenario Archive site http://www.aslscenarioarchive.com, as Don mentioned there is in each user's profile page a listing of scenarios that user is interested in trying, what the archive calls a Seek List.

If you like I could add a column to the ladder standings page with a link to your archive profile page so that other ladder players can easily check what scenarios you have an interest in playing. To do this I will need the id number that shows up in the url when you click your My Page link, e.g. mine is 189 since the url is http://www.aslscenarioarchive.com/viewUser.php?id=189

Let me know :ciao:

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Fellow ladderites,

I just checked the ASL Scenario Archive site http://www.aslscenarioarchive.com, as Don mentioned there is in each user's profile page a listing of scenarios that user is interested in trying, what the archive calls a Seek List.

If you like I could add a column to the ladder standings page with a link to your archive profile page so that other ladder players can easily check what scenarios you have an interest in playing. To do this I will need the id number that shows up in the url when you click your My Page link, e.g. mine is 189 since the url is http://www.aslscenarioarchive.com/viewUser.php?id=189

Let me know :ciao:
I'd vote against it, Mark. Frankly, with three threads and a website, I already think the upkeep on this is too spread out. Adding the Archive to that will add more confusion, IMO. I think it would all be better with one thread a la "VASLeague General Discussion" than with as much sprawl as there already is.

S

Hipsu

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
I'd vote against it, Mark. Frankly, with three threads and a website, I already think the upkeep on this is too spread out. Adding the Archive to that will add more confusion, IMO. I think it would all be better with one thread a la "VASLeague General Discussion" than with as much sprawl as there already is.

S
I vote yes, absolutely add that column. One column for archive user ID doesn't need maintenance nor complicate things at all. It's purely optional info. The one thing holding me back is the lack of information of who's available, who's playing who, and what scenarios people want to play. I may join soon and I plan to use the archive to show the scenarios I'm willing to play, in case someone wants to challenge me.

Jeff Sewall

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

S
What he said. Simple is better, especially if we want to attract other players sitting on the fence about joining.

Status
Not open for further replies.