Status
Not open for further replies.

Damon

Reaction score
First name
Damon
Country
llUnited States
I somehow managed to lose a small scenario to the defending germans of Sebastiano Caltaniano in BotH1: The Hardest Day. Even though my attacking US swarmed most of the village, we lost due to the CVP cap.

Nearmiss

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jeff Buser's Russian hordes kept the pressure on Tom Arnold's Germans and took enough buildings to win BFP-97 Renewed Pressure. Congratulations to Jeff on a well played game.

Damon

Reaction score
First name
Damon
Country
llUnited States
In one of the toughest games I have played lately, my attacking Germans were able to eek out a wind vs. Frederic Benois's defending British in AP 114: A Lion in the Field. Frederic seems to find a "solve" for this scenario, as he set up way on the other side of the river where I couldn't reach him… forcing the Germans to run a gauntlet just to engage his forces. But I managed to runs tank past the gauntlet to make it off for exit, thus making up for the tanks lost to the guns and a piat. Great game, Frederic!

Damon

Reaction score
First name
Damon
Country
llUnited States
My attacking Germans were the recipient of a fantastic run of luck vs. Scott Holst's defending Russians in U28: Sowchos 79. My tanks simply hit everything that moved with numerous critical hits. At one point a Marder rolled two CHs in a row in the same fire phase to wipe out two T-34s… I'll take the win, having been brutalized all summer, but we have to wonder about the dicebot just a little ...

Damon

Reaction score
First name
Damon
Country
llUnited States
Robert Loper led his attacking Germans to victory vs. my defending Russians in DB059: Grind them to dust. Both my leaders boxcarred in the same sequence leading to a tough situation for me. Great game with another fine opponent.

MrHonus

Honus
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In one of the toughest games I have played lately, my attacking Germans were able to eek out a wind vs. Frederic Benois's defending British in AP 114: A Lion in the Field. Frederic seems to find a "solve" for this scenario, as he set up way on the other side of the river where I couldn't reach him… forcing the Germans to run a gauntlet just to engage his forces. But I managed to runs tank past the gauntlet to make it off for exit, thus making up for the tanks lost to the guns and a piat. Great game, Frederic!
I tried that tactic at ASLOK last year. Would have worked except the radio malfed just as the Germans got through the village and I lost a crew when it failed a morale check when routing...I think it is a viable strategery.

Damon

Reaction score
First name
Damon
Country
llUnited States
MrHonus and I finished our game of Smertniki (ASL {RS} 59 today -- his attacking Russians emerged unscathed from a swarm of THHs to claim the victory vs. my defending Japanese.

Damon

Reaction score
First name
Damon
Country
llUnited States
My American attackers were able to win a close game vs. Jeff Wasserman's defending Germans in J176: Deadly Assumption. It came down to the final phase, and I still won despite losing a lot of my infantry and all but two of my tanks.... I think the Amis are slightly favored. Great game that was very exciting from the opening salvo of PFs.

Damon

Reaction score
First name
Damon
Country
llUnited States
Vic's Germans turned back my attacking Amis in SP 5: Hornet of Cloville. A fun game, still an SP classic after all these years. Despite the "2' SAN number, a sniper zeroed right in on the US 9-1 leader, shooting him dead and leaving us without leadership for a couple of turns, which proved to be decisive. Always a pleasure, Vic!

Damon

Reaction score
First name
Damon
Country
llUnited States
My attacking British managed to defeat Sebastian Caltabiano's defending partisans in J-174: The Heart of Athena. Good game, but the bomb trucks have no chance!

Damon

Reaction score
First name
Damon
Country
llUnited States
Carl Noguiera's attacking Germans were able to overcome my defending Russians in Sp:114: Seizing Gyujamajor. Close game!

Damon

Reaction score
First name
Damon
Country
llUnited States
Rob Arrieta's attacking russians won over my defending germans in BFP-102: Tolstoy Woods.

Damon

Reaction score
First name
Damon
Country
llUnited States
My Defending British repulsed the attacking Japanese of David Perham (MrHonus) in ASL 60.1: On the Kokoda Trail. Fun game, dice favored the british especially the 337 Papuan who went fanatic and generated a hero and almost a leader if it weren't for an SSR. Fun times :)

Status
Not open for further replies.