Glennbo's 2012 Baseball Thread

Drow

Reaction score
Re: Central Division Winners

You guys think you have troubles? Been an Houston Colt .45s/Astro fan for 50 years and they have lost 12 in a roll and 2 (thats TWO) games out of the last 25. The 1962 Mets were not this bad :mad: :cry:
Bill

AZslim

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

D-Backs are making a move! They swept the Dodgers in LA and are only 2 1/2 back. Gooooooldschmidt!

Glennbo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Tigers put Cleveland in their place, and are now only 1 1/2 back of those dastardly Bleached Hosery.

Fister pitched a great complete game!

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States

Tigers put Cleveland in their place, and are now only 1 1/2 back of those dastardly Bleached Hosery.

Fister pitched a great complete game!
Tribe is in a total tail spin......

they did zero and I mean zero to improve their team this year. When an organization cannot find (for years) a left fielder nor a first baseman who deserve to be in the majors, you know there is trouble.

At least on cable, the Pirate games (Pirates are my 2nd team) are one channel up from the Tribe game.

I must admit, I am tired of the Tribe doing nothing to help themselves and the Pirates are more fun to watch.

Peace

Roger

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States

and they (the Tribe of course) blow it again.....

I am convinced I could punch Manny Acta in the balls and get no reaction, it would probably take him a week to react.

This is the team that was suppose to compete in 2012:mad::freak:

Peace

roger

sarfs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Verlander striking out 14 Yankees is quite the feat.

My White Sox will still win the division.

horseshoe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No wonder Melky Cabrera was having a career year. Took an illegal substance to enhance his numbers for an offseason contract negotiations. What a total loser. Dont these guys know they test for that stuff now...:nuts:

sarfs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That's why they play the games.

The White Sox get swept by the last place Royals but soundly defeat the Yankees two straight who have the best record in baseball.

I guess that's why they play the games.

Drow

Reaction score
Re: That's why they play the games.

Melky Cabrera maybe be facing more that just the 50 game suspension plus jail time for his involvement to use fake website and duck drug suspension: http://www.nydailynews.com/exclusive-daily-news-uncovers-bizarre-plot-melky-cabrera-fake-website-duck-drug-suspension-article-1.1139623
and could face deportation since he did break the law in this from Fox News http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/sports/2012/08/22/rick-sutcliffe-melky-cabrera-should-be-deported-giants-cancel-order-for-cabrera/

Bill

sarfs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thirteen Yankee K's

Chris Sale strikes out thirteen Yankees. One short of Verlander but I'll take it. Sweeping the Yankees was SWEET!

Last edited: