Glennbo's 2012 Baseball Thread

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
You got three of them right, but my Cardiac Cardinals came from 6 runs down and rallied with 4 in the ninth !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:
GO CARDS GO!!!
12 in 12 baby !!!
One strike from 4 for 4.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Updated due to STL eeking out another lucky win ;)

vs
DET

vs
SF

WS:

vs
DET

Glennbo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Psycho might not know much.. well, he definitely doesn't know much. But he sure knows his baseball playoffs. :crosseye:

Tigers up 2-0 on the Yank-me's. :clap:

Verlander yet to pitch. :hail::pIMP:

And Jeter, Psycho's butt buddy, hurt his little ankle-wankle. :whlchr::sneak: :violin:

Tigers are going all the way baby! :headbang:

horseshoe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One strike from 4 for 4.
TWICE you were one strike away !!!!:cry: Reminds me of last years WS where we were one strike from losing three times.:laugh:

I'd change your pick to Cards over the Giants in the NLCS.

I'd also change the WS pick to Cards over the Tigers, just like 2006 !!!!:p

12 in 12 baby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CARDS GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:horse:

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
TWICE you were one strike away !!!!:cry: Reminds me of last years WS where we were one strike from losing three times.:laugh:

I'd change your pick to Cards over the Giants in the NLCS.

I'd also change the WS pick to Cards over the Tigers, just like 2006 !!!!:p

12 in 12 baby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CARDS GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:horse:
Is that is what is going to happen? Maybe. Just on paper I think DET & SF are better... BUT you don't play the games on paper. Who knows if the Cards put some concession stand worker in their lineup and he comes through. ;)

horseshoe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is that is what is going to happen? Maybe. Just on paper I think DET & SF are better... BUT you don't play the games on paper. Who knows if the Cards put some concession stand worker in their lineup and he comes through. ;)
FYI, Descalso was on the team last year for most of the season, just as a backup. Played third base a lot when Freese was injured. Kozma is a rookie and is performing beyond expectations. He hit only .232 at AAA Memphis this year. He was only called up because Furcal went down to injury. You gotta have guys like that outdo expectations to win it all. Your superstars cant do it every night.:D

Glennbo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Verlander took the Yank-me's apart tonight.

Now if we only had a closer! A little too scary in the ninth. But Phil Coke, the pitcher who the Yank-me's scorned, answered Leyland's call and got the job done.

New York will never come back from a 3-0 deficit. They look like a sorry bunch right now. It makes me wonder how they even made it this far.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Verlander took the Yank-me's apart tonight.

Now if we only had a closer! A little too scary in the ninth. But Phil Coke, the pitcher who the Yank-me's scorned, answered Leyland's call and got the job done.

New York will never come back from a 3-0 deficit. They look like a sorry bunch right now. It makes me wonder how they even made it this far.
It has happened before. BUT this year's Yankees just look pathetic (even when sitting ARod). Only Jeter & Ichiro seemed to do anything worthwhile. Cano, Granderson, Tex, Swisher... all of em! Just soooo bad all at once. :nada:

ChrisM

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yep - elimination day for the Stankees is in teh offing and I can't wait. Nice job by the Tiggers, though i didn't think verlander was as dominant as I ahev seen him. The Stankees just can't pull home runs the way tehy did all summer aagainst abck of teh rotation guys - and they are paying for it now.

Glennbo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What a load of crap!

A "rain delay" without any rain??!! What in the hell is the matter with MLB?

The game was supposed to start at 8:00. It didn't start "raining" until 10:15... and even then it was a light rain that only lasted an hour and a half. You could play ball in it.

40 thousand people sat there for over an hour before they called it off.

It's a total joke!

They could have, should have, played this game tonight.

Glennbo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It was a slaughter.

My Tigers won the Central because the bleached hosery gave up. And we won the AL because the Yank-me's gave up.

Starting Pitching... end of story.

I mean for cryin' out loud Doug Fister hasn't even pitched yet!

ChrisM

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
HOORAH!

Yankee elimination day is always up there with Christmas as one of the high points of teh calendar. "Grats Glennbo - hope your Tiggers go all the way.

Mike Murphy

Cat's servant
Reaction score
How sweep (sic) it is!

Next victims please. Hmmmm, Cards or Giants? I wouldn't mind some revenge for the 2006 WS.

Last edited: