Central Division Winners

The Tigers must perform better! :hush:

Last edited:

ChrisM

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Central Division Winners

Ok - I barely pay attention to teh glorified exhibition game that is the Mid summer Classic - but the fact that RA Dickey is not starting, despite being a 37 year old knuckleballer who is throwing a summer for the ages is just a joke. And that it appears to be to preserve Buster Posey's dignity just makes it worse.
(Given how he plays for the Gianst and SF fans stuffed the ballot box to get sandoval to start at third).

I never liked La Russa and i am just gald htis si the last time I ever have to see him manage a game. An absolute joke.

Bob Holmstrom

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

I saw this post on a different message board and it sums up how i feel about the issue:

"The problem is that Tony LaRussa is clueless as to how much R.A. Dickey means to New York and its storied sports history.

Dickey is almost universally loved, even in a more widespead way than Derek Jeter. R.A. simply transcends sports as more of an icon than a sports hero.

Young kids from Brooklyn & Queens will be telling their grandchildren how they were priviliged to get to see R.A. Dickey pitch with his beautiful dancing knuckleball.

When his #43 is retired next season (at the latest), Dickey's long resume will be soiled because of this snub.

And for Mr. Ego LaRussa to ruin New York sports history by forcing Dickey to pitch in the 3rd or 4th inning of the 2012 All-Star Game instead of the first is the biggest outrage since the 1919 Blacksox scandal..."

Read more: http://interact.stltoday.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=892375&start=12&sid=4e970a27a0ac3a37412baee221635d49#ixzz209zmETbx

horseshoe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

I saw this post on a different message board and it sums up how i feel about the issue:

"The problem is that Tony LaRussa is clueless as to how much R.A. Dickey means to New York and its storied sports history.

Dickey is almost universally loved, even in a more widespead way than Derek Jeter. R.A. simply transcends sports as more of an icon than a sports hero.

Young kids from Brooklyn & Queens will be telling their grandchildren how they were priviliged to get to see R.A. Dickey pitch with his beautiful dancing knuckleball.

When his #43 is retired next season (at the latest), Dickey's long resume will be soiled because of this snub.

And for Mr. Ego LaRussa to ruin New York sports history by forcing Dickey to pitch in the 3rd or 4th inning of the 2012 All-Star Game instead of the first is the biggest outrage since the 1919 Blacksox scandal..."

Read more: http://interact.stltoday.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=892375&start=12&sid=4e970a27a0ac3a37412baee221635d49#ixzz209zmETbx
What makes you think R A Dickey will have his number retired????? One year doesnt make you a hall of famer, it makes you a flash in the pan. The guy couldnt get ANYBODY out before this year. All that said he does probably deserve to start the All Star Game based on his numbers this year.:whist:

As to Tony LaRussa, the guys going into the Hall of Fame at the 1st possible opportunity as the third winningest manager in baseball history.One of ONLY two managers in history to win World Series in both leagues. He's earned the right to have a little ego. Let me know when Mr. Flash in the Pan has accomplished even being a 20 game winner even ONCE.:paperbag:

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States

All Star Break. Angels, Pirates, Indians are still my favorite teams from my youth. I was originally a Dodgers fan but somehow after 1965 lost interest in them. I recall listening to Mazeroski's home run in the World Series of 1960 and seeing Dean Chance's no hitter against Cleveland in 1967 during the summer between my junior and senior year of high school driving from Warren to Cleveland at 17 years of age and braving East Cleveland two years after the Hough riots. A memorable and in hindsight stupid trip.

Glennbo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Prince Fielder wins the home run derby. Wish he'd hit more for my Tigers when it counts!

ChrisM

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Pretty funny.:D

LaRussa still scrwed this up and over thought it. Nobody likes to re-invent teh wheel like LaRussa does. Dickey deserved to start.

Glennbo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Great series coming up between my Tigers and the Chicago Bleached Hosery. :horse:

Hello first place! :supper:

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Prince Fielder wins the home run derby. Wish he'd hit more for my Tigers when it counts!
Oh great Glennbo, do not send your hit team after me...but I'm good with Fielder.

Ok, so he could get a little (a lot?) more power out of him...but he's hitting for average, which counts a lot more to me ie good contact, getting on based A LOT, giving chances (that in turn the 1st half Tigers did NOT take advantage of...)

Anyways, I'm good with Fielder and his hitting this year.

Just my take on things...

Mark DV
Ada, MI

Glennbo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Tigers in first place!

After "de-feeting" the Bleached Hosery we move into first, hopefully to stay.

horseshoe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Cardinals tied a ML record for doubles in an inning with 7 and tied a team record with 12 runs in the 7th inning last night.:cool:

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

There's always next year....

Or so the Red Sox nation have said.....

Also,

Who would have believed Ichiro Suzuki would become a "Damn Yankee"....

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States

Tigers in first place!

After "de-feeting" the Bleached Hosery we move into first, hopefully to stay.
Now if they could only beat the Tribe:devious::clown::nuts:

Peace

Roger

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
oof course now the Trive has Lowe on the mound so clearly the odds are in your favor.........

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Now if they could only beat the Tribe:devious::clown::nuts:

Peace

Roger
Way to jinx the Tribe there Roger. Nice work! :(

And of course Verlander is going tonight for the Motor City Kitties...