Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Remember there are alternatives: ConsimWorld, Board Game Geek, FaceBook and Slack.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Remember there are alternatives: ConsimWorld, Board Game Geek, FaceBook and Slack.
Consimworld and BGG feel less conversational than GS. BGG is great if you want to find out about a game from 197? that sold less than 200 units and CSW for how game companies are getting on with stuff. I am not familiar with Slack but FB steals your identity (soul for the religious) to sell to Mammon or to be thieved for Putin.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I am not familiar with Slack but FB steals your identity (soul for the religious) to sell to Mammon or to be thieved for Putin.
Facebook has a similar feel as consimworld & bgg. Posts stream by like a picket fence when you are driving at 60 mph (95.606 km/h) and are soon forgotten. The Mila 18 NoNsEnSe thread - Part 4, we will never forget you. I have a facebook account, but I log in as a different user on my machine, and only view facebook on that account. It's probably more Chinese Wall than is necessary, but I like to be certain that information doesn't leak to facebook.

JR

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm confused... the site came back up with the same colors and organization that it had before.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Sorry for the service interruption. The server melted, so the host had to rush order a new server for us and restore the forum from a backup.

Seems to be good now.
Thanks for giving us the background. It's reassuring to know that the cause was hardware rather than GRU operatives updating their hit lists or being enrolled in "Horny Grandmas" fanclub. :D

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Apart from BGG, the other resources are one thread, chat type.
Rules questions will sink into oblivion quite fast - the Perry Sez folder is a blessing, not speaking of the Rules & errata section.
I quite often have been able, by a simple search, to find answers to my rules questions.
A forum like GS allows more permanence of topics like AAR.
Those different resources are complementary, for the better.

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Apart from BGG, the other resources are one thread, chat type.
Rules questions will sink into oblivion quite fast - the Perry Sez folder is a blessing, not speaking of the Rules & errata section.
I quite often have been able, by a simple search, to find answers to my rules questions.
A forum like GS allows more permanence of topics like AAR.
Those different resources are complementary, for the better.
I’m only online with one ASL resource, this one. But it’s good to know that this is the best one.

I don’t wanna go anywhere near Facebook.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
For sure, this is my favourite place for ASL online, but the other sites can "fill in" for a little while when GS has issues. They can also supplement this site in some aspects.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
The FB ASL site is great in its own way. There are a lot more photos for one thing.

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The FB ASL site is great in its own way. There are a lot more photos for one thing.
Unfortunately you also get special offers for Demolition Charges emailed to your private email address after posting there.