Girls und Panzer English Dub DVD Trailer

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The first English trailer has been released. Trust me: put aside your aversion to anime and give this charming/thrilling/funny show a try when it comes out in English:

[video=youtube;mlvwgN2V-74]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlvwgN2V-74&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That looks superb.
Seriously? Or do I detect a hint of sarcasm? :D I wouldn't blame you if the latter. When Kawaiku first told me about this show I could do little more than roll my eyes, too - which was silly of me because he really knows his anime. The only reason I bothered to watch it was because there was nothing on TV and I had an hour to kill. :D So, as I was going through a WoT craze, I decided to see what the hype was all about. I streamed the first episode with no intention of finishing...an hour and a half later I was still watching the show, determined to see who was going to win the first tourney fight! LOL!

BTW: it DOES help if you are playing World of Tanks as you watch the show. This anime gives the backstory that game desperately needs! :D

Ruarigh

Born-again Viking
Reaction score
Country
llPeru
No sarcasm intended. I bounced from this to your blog post and really enjoyed the clips you posted. I totally get the WoT reference, although I have had to remove it from my computer, because I kept thinking "Just one more game. It won't take long." Several hours later I would realise that I had done no work. I'll be looking out for Girls und Panzer over here.

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No sarcasm intended. I bounced from this to your blog post and really enjoyed the clips you posted.
Oh good! Sometimes I feel like I am banging my head against the wall trying to get people to give this quirky show a watch! :D Again, don't blame anyone for keeping their distance because of the rep anime has in the states, not to mention the marketing campaign that I think hasn't been properly adjusted for an American audience. Well...I guess I sold it to one person! :) Thanks! :toast:

I totally get the WoT reference, although I have had to remove it from my computer, because I kept thinking "Just one more game. It won't take long." Several hours later I would realise that I had done no work.
Its simplicity is what makes it so addictive. I am really curious to see what Gaijinn brings to the armored warfare table with their War Thunder: Ground Forces game. Supposedly this is going into open beta around November. I am really impressed by their flight sim, so the idea of a similar approach to ground warfare is exciting. If they pull it off, I wonder if WoT will start to wither? I hope not.

I'll be looking out for Girls und Panzer over here.
Great! I also learned that you can now watch it on Hulu: http://www.hulu.com/girls-und-panzer

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This should really go in the minis section, but I'll put it here for now:

The Seven Deadly Sins, Girls und Panzer and Gundams highlight Hobby Japan and Dengeki Hobby’s C3 Hobby booths

C3 Hobby is one of Japan’s largest hobby fairs and this is where toy and figure companies like Bandai usually shine. Now that the event has already started, let’s take a look at what the Japanese Hobby magazines Dengeki Hobby and Hobby Japan have in store for us.

The magazine also featured some tank madness with their Girls Und Panzer display which included some dioramas which depicted some scenes from the anime as well as some figures.

There is an amazing amount of tie-in merchandise being produced around this show, and it is only just getting started!

Ruarigh

Born-again Viking
Reaction score
Country
llPeru
Well...I guess I sold it to one person! :) Thanks! :toast:
You did indeed.

Its simplicity is what makes it so addictive.
True. It reminds me of playing Worms in that respect. That was another game that you could lose hours on without thinking you were spending much time at all.

Great! I also learned that you can now watch it on Hulu: http://www.hulu.com/girls-und-panzer
Curses! It is not available outside the US. Boo!!!!! I rather suspected that would be the case. Still, I shall keep an eye out for the series in the UK.