Ghost ship and haunted forts

Paladinus

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llPoland
Some interesting screenshots from Jutland ;)
Two french forts visible in the middle of The Chanel

Ghost ship AMC Flying Dutch ;)

Slider6

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've been around the forts on the coast, but not in the middle of channel? Never seen the AMC like that. Are these graphic issues or are they consistent?

Paladinus

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llPoland
The ship started looking as it should after a few minutes (after the light had changed, I guess)
The forts were visible, but acted as they were not there (notice the distance shown at the bottom of the picture; over 1000 km).

Slider6

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hmm..weird. I've had graphic issues during tactical in the channel, but I figured it was my card (couldn't be Jutland). Nothing like this though.

saddletank

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
ll
Generally these 'skeleton' ship graphics show up when your video card is struggling to do the work its being asked to do.

I can't make out many details in the forts pic though. Were these not real then/enemy AI did not shoot from/to them?

Again it might be a graphic issue with video memory. Use F5 to check your framerate and/or just knock one of the demanding graphic sliders down a notch.

Paladinus

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llPoland
Framerate was ok.
About the forts - AI did not shoot at them (the upper picture shows, they're not visible to the ships in the background), at the bottom of the screenshots there's a distance to these forts shown - about 1500 km! (so it cannot be french coast?!) and, as you can see, pointing the mouse cursor at them shows the info-box... I guess they're location coordinates might be out of range (outside the main map?).

However these were one-time issues, so not really serious thing that needs urgent investigation I think.
(and the forts issue was before the latest series of Jutland updates)
BTW: Is there any way to damage enemy forts/coastal batteries?

saddletank

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
ll
Yes, you can shoot at forts and coast guns with ships but it is a very one-sided battle since you need a direct hit on the gun to damage it and hitting the area around it can't "sink" it like hitting non-vital parts of a ship does.

Throughout history ships bombarding forts and land guns has generally been a bad idea. The game reflects that. Best tactic is to steer clear!

If you can replicate these ghost forts in another battle in that campaign I'd still suggest sending in a ticket plus the gamelog and a saved game. My best guess is it is a graphic anomaly but if its repeatable that's more serious.

Paladinus

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llPoland
I can see it's the same fort (Fort de l' lle Pelee).
This one, I think:

It should be located near Cherbourg harbour, but is not...

saddletank

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
ll
I'm not sure the game uses different models for the sea forts. I think it may be a generic one. Then again they were mostly built for the same military function and were governed by the same general principals of structure so similarities will be there.

saddletank

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
ll
LOL, the screenshots are so small and blurred I can't read the writing!