Gettysburg Campaign IV

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not much action on my part of turn 93. Pushed my cavalry hard around his left. We'll see what kind of response we get as he has to start feeling threatened some what. I've attached a screenshot of the jump map so you can get an idea of where my forces are. You can see that my remaining fresh Corps is making headway towards his left.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Guys, I've finally given up on this AAR. I haven't heard from Scott since June so I've decided to abandon this campaign and move on. I hope you enjoyed the action that there was and sometime in the future I'll start another and report here.

trauth116

Webmaster: hist-sdc.com
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I am currently engaged in a PBEM of the 3 day scenario - and was wondering if you ad a screen shot of the score about the time that this sort of ended?

I read a couple of pages back about someone talking about the cavalry loss disparity- but it also looks like artillery played a pretty big part as well (at least in that screen shot.

In my own playing I am playing the ANV, and have tried being very deliberate with my artillery (mainly because at something like 60 points a gun lost -well I don't want to afford that).

I know how much of a discipline an AAR can be (I sort of am taking notes on my own PBEM game - but decided not to write anything until it is over- which from a writing perspective is probably prone to creating writers' block.) .

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here you go. You can see that my heavier losses in cavalry and guns was making a big difference. I really don't like the 2 gun sections as I don't think they pack a big enough punch.