Getting used to the new GameSquad

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yep, it's on the bottom of the ASL front page...

View attachment 107

Just click on "Thread Display Options."

Regards,
Jeff
Nope, that just changes the order of the actual threads. What I am talking about are the actual posts in a given thread. So when you open a given thread the first post you see is the most recent one...and then the posts descend from there.

Jeffhew

"Aut Vincere Aut Mori"
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That's interesting. Mine all come up the way you suggest, last post first and in descending order, and the thread display options is the only setting I changed. There aren't any other settings that I've found to affect thread order though. Sorry that didn't resolve your problem.

Regards,
Jeff

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
You can use the "go to first unread"; but you probably thought of that.

sarfs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nope, that just changes the order of the actual threads. What I am talking about are the actual posts in a given thread. So when you open a given thread the first post you see is the most recent one...and then the posts descend from there.
For my tablet, threads with new posts are bolded. Touching the bolded thread title takes me to the first unread thread.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I especially appreciate the enhancements to the 'ignore' feature. Apparently we no longer have to view the posts of those whose names shall not be mentioned, even when their blather is quoted by another. Heck, even their avatars are ignored.

Unfortunately, the 'ignored' can still necro-post threads from 5 years ago, apparently.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I especially appreciate the enhancements to the 'ignore' feature. Apparently we no longer have to view the posts of those whose names shall not be mentioned, even when their blather is quoted by another. Heck, even their avatars are ignored.

Unfortunately, the 'ignored' can still necro-post threads from 5 years ago, apparently.
At least, they keep you from doubting why you put them on ignore.
Not even seeing the quotes is certainly an improvement.

M.Koch

Grenadier TD
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
How can i see who is active in the forum ( i.e. showing the names ) ?

sarfs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Logged in on my phone for the first time, much better than the old version. Post actually fit the screen.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Go into the root forum, the one marked "Forums" and on the right hand side you will see some data regarding yourself. Just below that you will find a list of those logged in. Sometimes "robots" are listed, so Skynet must have an account.

EDIT: http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?online/ gives more detail.

Last edited:

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I haven't found a list, but in the upper left corner of an indivual poster's avatar, a green triangle shows that he is online (I think).

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
Up in the top header where it says 'Members', hover over the arrow to the right of it for the drop-down menu. Select 'Current Visitors' and it will show you who all is currently logged in, or was only minutes before; and as Paul mentions, non-logged in visitors and robots as well.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I haven't found a list, but in the upper left corner of an individual poster's avatar, a green triangle shows that he is online (I think).
Correct, useful if you were thinking about a private conversation (old PM) or wanted to debate a point in close to real time.
Up in the top header where it says 'Members', hover over the arrow to the right of it for the drop-down menu. Select 'Current Visitors' and it will show you who all is currently logged in, or was only minutes before; and as Paul mentions, non-logged in visitors and robots as well.
Well spotted, it looks like we will pick up a trick here and a trick there as time goes on.

In doing this post I discovered a feature or rather a different way of doing old things. In the old vBulletin SW, to quote multiple posts you clicked on the "+" button on all except the last where you clicked on the "Reply to Post". In the new SW you click on "Reply" for all of those and they are all added to the posting dialogue box on the page bottom. At first I was afraid it would open multiple reply boxes, but it just copies and appends the answered post into the same box.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
The web address of the ASL forums changed overnight or earlier today. Very easy, indeed trivial, to find my way back and update my bookmarks but for about 15 seconds I was going "WTF, has the site gone tits up again?"