Get on with it! (Please?)

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Veers vs. Shadow

Hells bells. :cry:

I was just summing up, in some detail, my game against Shadow that is at turn 70, when I inadvertently hit the backspace button, sending my browser back a page, so I lost all of it (I was just describing the current situation...).

So, I'll give the much shorter version: :(

Poland fell in two weeks.
I then took Yugo, and Greece before the Phoney War set in.
With spring I attacked the Low countries, France, Norway, and Denmark.
I took The Low countries and Denmark within a few turns. Had France in 6-8 turns and failed in Norway.
With the fall of France cam the entry of Italy.
With the entry of Italy came the fall of Malta and Cyprus and an advance to El Alamein, followed shortly by the Afrika Korps showing up in 'The Levant'.

Summer '40 saw the invasion of the UK, which went like this: invaded, was forced out, reinvaded, forced out, until about September when I got a secure Beachhead at Plymouth.

Summer '40 also saw the slow destruction of the Afrika Korps in 'The Levant' only a small portion remains, surrounded south of the Turkish city of Antakya.

Early September the Sviets DoWed and since then (it's now T69, mid-October '40) I've launched an invasion, since, I was, of course prepared for the event, should Shadow take advantage of the fact that I was busy with the UK. 51 German, 13 Romanian, and 12 Italian Korps invaded.
As of turn 69 I have hit his main line of defence, Narva straight south to Kieve and then along the Dneiper, and broken a huge hole in it around at Vitebsk, which should alow me to finish up that defensive line and be in Moscow by Winter. :) The German/Hungarian/Romanian force has nearly taken Kiev (being held up unjustly at Zhitomir), and the Italians in the south have crossed the Dneiper east of Melitopol, and reached Dnepropetrov.

It was going to be longer, but, as I said, as I put the finishing touches on it, I lost it...:cry:

nemo

-. . -- ---
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Hmmm! We've never played, have we? :devious:

If I accept a permanent position where I'm at now, and they allow me to play games in my spare time, I'm going to start up about 20 new games of EA. :laugh:
I'm steadily reducing my PBEM commitments (a rehab of sorts) but a potential EA with you cannot be refused. Lots of spare time indeed in your new job :laugh:

I'll be sure to look you up!
No problem, though I'm a bit uneasy with insects :devious:

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Doesn't look like I'm going to stay here; I'm taking a week off and then getting back to the grind, though. So I might just have to wipe someone out (or be wiped) prior to starting up another one. :clown:

One thing that might be of concern prior to us starting up, however, is the undo button. I seem to recall OOPS! Break time, and I have someone standing here to relieve me - so as to not lose what I've typed, I'll post this and then finish when I get back...

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Doesn't look like I'm going to stay here; I'm taking a week off and then getting back to the grind, though. So I might just have to wipe someone out (or be wiped) prior to starting up another one. :clown:

One thing that might be of concern prior to us starting up, however, is the undo button. I seem to recall OOPS! Break time, and I have someone standing here to relieve me - so as to not lose what I've typed, I'll post this and then finish when I get back...
Hmmmm, he never did finish that sentence...

JAMiAM

TOAW III Project Manager
Reaction score
Why am I reminded of that scene in Monty Python and the Holy Grail, when they are in the cave and reading about the "Beast of aaauuugh!...."

The Vince

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Vince versus Bill

I not much of a writer but i try to give a situation report.

We currently at turn 52.

Up front i planned for a long slow pace war but as usual it
did not go that way.

I took the option to build the Siegfried line and the Bonus
units.
Started with taking Polen in a few weeks. Split up the OOB 3
corp into divisions and dug them in on the Siegfried line forts.
Rest of German forces slowly took up starting positions along
the East border.

Russians moved into Eastern Poland and after a while also into
the Baltics and took Kovno making the Baltic army witdraw.
In the South he moved into Bessarabie.

Shortly before the Sitzkrieg Russia declared war on Finland.
During the Sitzkrieg i was able to put all the Fins in good
defensive positions.

Before and during the Sitzkrieg it became obvious Bill moved
like the bulk of his Russians forces to the border.

I orginally planned to go for the Balkans after the Sitzkrieg
but i could not resist the temptation. So i started moving OOB 3
also into starting positions along the Eastern border.
My new plan focused more on destroying the bulk of Russian forces
along the border using the Barbarossa theather option then on
moving fast inland.

Declared war on Russia on turn 35 unfortunely the Sitzkrieg did
not end on turn 35 so i had to wait 1 more turn. Bill did not move
his Russian forces from the border so my spearheads could hit
the Russians soon as they crossed the border.
UK and France declared war on Germany

I started attacking wiht like all of the German army. There was no
unit left to protect the West. Reinforcements that came from turn
35 to 52 all went to the West. I figured those would be enuff to
keep the Uk and France at bay.

Germans began to cross the border and engaging the bulk of the
Russian forces that still had not moved.

Starting positions were like this:

- North the Bonus units.

- Below that OOB 1 and 1 pz corp.

- Center OOB 2 and 1 pz corp.

- South OOB 3 and the rest and 1 pz corp.

All had enigineers, railroad units and airunits.

Rumanians and Hungarians who joined did not much else then keep a
close line against the South Russians who crossed the river.

Barbarossa bonus kicked in turn 39 and made it possible to keep on
pushing East wiht the limited forces that the Axis have in 1940.

Turn after turn pockets of Russians would be out of supply and
decimated. Lots of pockets that were cut off.

West front was pritty quiet up till now, got enuff forces there i
think.

After turn 46 when Barbarossa bonusses end, losses where huge on both
sides.

At the moment on turn 52 lot of my units are low on supply
and dead tired.
Russian forces are prolly even in a more worse state.

Close to Leningrad. In the Center resting already. And in the South
moved way past Kiev.

Game is still going so i cant tell where i am going but i can say
this German forces need a rest soon.

Overall nice fighting so far, just hope i did enuff damage to the
Russians so Bill cant recover.

Here are some pics could not upload them to this forum else i
would mixed some more in this post.

North:

http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=346azkp

South:

http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=4bsqtjb

Center:

http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=334lyeh

The Vince

Last edited:

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Thanks for the update Vince. Always entertaining to hear abotu how another game is going. :D

smearedonbread

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm currently playing TOAW 3 version of EA. My opponent did not want to start over after Mark released his latest version. We're both new to the EA scenario anyway--so we're playing the "old" version as a warm up. I did warn my opponent--who is playing the Axis--about the dreaded "turn 80 vanishing of the german army".
Anyway, we're around turn 50. The Axis have taken Poland, France, and Yugoslavia. I put up a pretty good fight with the French. Shortly after he invaded France, I evacuated several French corps to London. Then, on the next turn I launched a mini-invasion with the French corps from London to the Low Countries, behind the German lines. The French managed a slight foothold, but the Germans soon surrounded and crushed them. But it did manage to stall his invasion force into France for a couple of turns. And it was just in time for the "winter turns" to set in. So he wasn't able to take Paris until the spring of '40. (he invaded the Low Countries/France in September '39.)
The Germans are preparing an invasion of Greece at any moment.
The Italians, with German support are moving east towards El Alamein where my Allies have a nice buildup to greet the italians. My Russians are entrenched, waiting.....
Other than Africa, and eastern europe, nothing big is happening yet. I haven't been active with the British--keeping alot of their units on the island.

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I'm currently playing TOAW 3 version of EA. My opponent did not want to start over after Mark released his latest version. We're both new to the EA scenario anyway--so we're playing the "old" version as a warm up. I did warn my opponent--who is playing the Axis--about the dreaded "turn 80 vanishing of the german army".
Anyway, we're around turn 50. The Axis have taken Poland, France, and Yugoslavia. I put up a pretty good fight with the French. Shortly after he invaded France, I evacuated several French corps to London. Then, on the next turn I launched a mini-invasion with the French corps from London to the Low Countries, behind the German lines. The French managed a slight foothold, but the Germans soon surrounded and crushed them. But it did manage to stall his invasion force into France for a couple of turns. And it was just in time for the "winter turns" to set in. So he wasn't able to take Paris until the spring of '40. (he invaded the Low Countries/France in September '39.)
The Germans are preparing an invasion of Greece at any moment.
The Italians, with German support are moving east towards El Alamein where my Allies have a nice buildup to greet the italians. My Russians are entrenched, waiting.....
Other than Africa, and eastern europe, nothing big is happening yet. I haven't been active with the British--keeping alot of their units on the island.
Sweet. But with the British, Move everything off the island, use them elsewhere. If he attacks England, he's signing his own death warrant as you have a 75% chance to Declare war with the Soviets a month after England is invaded. :D

smearedonbread

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sweet. But with the British, Move everything off the island, use them elsewhere. If he attacks England, he's signing his own death warrant as you have a 75% chance to Declare war with the Soviets a month after England is invaded. :D
Cool. Thanks for the tip.:laugh:

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Ahhh, another 3 weeks in a position where I sit and use the computer all day long. I look forward to much time being spent here. (Thank goodness there's something to help keep me awake in the mornings! ;) )

viridomaros

Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
Ahhh, another 3 weeks in a position where I sit and use the computer all day long. I look forward to much time being spent here. (Thank goodness there's something to help keep me awake in the mornings! ;) )
Viri's dreaming of an email from shane coming soon into his mailbox :smoke:

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
:laugh:

I know, I know, I'm bad. Just haven't had time (or inclination, to be honest, the few rare chances I've had with a few minutes free) to load up TOAW. Will try to get them out to all of you soon. :)

Last edited:

Wolf

Reaction score
Country
ll
Good - loking forward to it - I hate an empty inbox:smoke:

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yeah, me too - which is why I feel so guilty when I do this. :) I'm not going through a TOAW burnout, just a burnout in general. When I get a chance to have a rare few minutes on the PC, I generally don't want to see the damned thing. :D