Germany's Largest Paper Endorses Bush

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marines

Reaction score
Another October Surprise: Germany's Largest Newspaper Endorses Bush

Perhaps the largest October surprise in Germany is the BILD newspaper's endorsement of President George W. Bush. BILD, which has the widest circulation of any newspaper in Europe, lists the following 10 reasons why Bush should be re-elected:

1. Bush has clear priorities.

2. Bush has learned that military strength is the only answer to fanatics.

3. Under Bush, the US will continue to bear the financial, military and casualty burden in the fight against terrorism.

4. Bush will do everything he can to prevent nuclear proliferation.

5. Bush has learned that America can defeat every country in war, but needs allies in peace. Thus, his second term will be characterized by cooperation with international partners.

6. Bush knows Europe is militarily weak, so he won't ask them for help.

7. Under Bush, America will remain a strong partner for Israel in its fight for survival.

8. Republicans have always been stronger supporters of free trade than Democrats.

9. Every new American administration makes mistakes. Bush has already made his.

10. With Bush, we know what to expect. With Kerry, we don't.

Certainly, BILD should be applauded for its courage. Supporting George W. Bush in a nation where the overwhelming majority of the left dominated media absolutely seethe with hate for Mr. Bush is no small matter. The newspaper's email inbox is likely jammed with thousands of angry, outraged emails by now. But BILD's action proves that not all Germans have bought into the anti-American, anti-Bush mindset of most of the nation's media publications.

http://medienkritik.typepad.com/blog/2004/10/another_october.html

http://www.bild.t-online.de/BTO/news/2004/10/27/us__wahl__pro__bush/us__wahlkampf__empfehlung__pro__bush.html

Kraut

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
BILD has about as much credibility as the Playboy. Nuff said.

Marines

Reaction score
Kraut said:
BILD has about as much credibility as the Playboy. Nuff said.
I know who the BILD is and what they stand for. In all truthfulness Playboy has exposed some very disparaging topics that were later picked up by the national media and brought to light in the past.

Off topic maybe but the AoW members seem to dislike you as much as we do left and right of the political spectrum.

Coincidence perhaps?

If the staff has any concerns about this just let me know and I will resign.

Kraut

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
BILD is the german equivalent to the british SUN, they are just a boulevard magazine. Don't mistake them for a serious newspaper. That's all that needs to be said about them.

Marines

Reaction score
Terry Patterson said:
cmon marines give him his say.keeps us pounding keys....know what i mean?
I have said it before and I will say it again.

He as much as anyone deserves the right to speak his mind to any topic on these forums. It just concerns me that people such as him post complete BS without anything to back it up.

Kraut has posted some very intelligent comments and articles but those are overshadowed by his rants, raves, trolling and the utter nonsense of the past.

The way I look at it is if you can't approach a topic in a mature manner then why tackle it at all.

Kraut

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I can't back it up? Have a look for yourself: http://www.bild.de <-- warning, naked women on that page, even if you don't understand german the look&feel should be enough. Their headline of today:

Obscene threat against naked-Heydi

Yeah, almost a New York Times niveau :nuts:

Marines

Reaction score
Kraut said:
I can't back it up? Have a look for yourself: http://www.bild.de <-- warning, naked women on that page, even if you don't understand german the look&feel should be enough. Their headline of today:

I wasn't speaking about this article but about your replies to certain posts and topics of the past.

Obviously you have worn out your welcome to quiet a few international forums.

This is one of them.

Kraut

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Marines said:
I wasn't speaking about this article but about your replies to certain posts and topics of the past.
Oh yeah, of course, if you wasn't talking about this thread, care to enlighten me were else I failed to back up what I said ???

That you don't like my political view is obvious but if you attack my credibility I'd like YOU to back that up.

Marines

Reaction score
Kraut said:
Oh yeah, of course, if you wasn't talking about this thread, care to enlighten me were else I failed to back up what I said ???

That you don't like my political view is obvious but if you attack my credibility I'd like YOU to back that up.
I retract my previous comment. I was wrong and doggie made me aware of that.

I never attacked your credibility. Hello!

Did you even read my previous post or did you choose to bypass it as you do the majority of others and reply in a manner that is way off topic.

I said you troll, rant and rave.

Thats the truth because it is what you do on a regular basis.

My point has already been proven as others will see once they view this thread.

Kraut

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Marines said:
I said you troll, rant and rave.
You post about an article that appeared in a german newspaper and all I did was replying that this newspaper has no real credibility so that everybody who doesn't know about BILD (99% of the forum) can take the said with a fair portion of salt. Thats all, and that's already trolling? Or ranting?

And that was immediately followed by stage telling me that he'd expected nothing else from me and you telling me that you dislike me. Who's the troll here and who's ranting, really?

laszlo.nemedi

Reaction score
Country
llHungary
Marines, I see Kraut hates Bush as much as you love. He see the dark side of the Bush era while you see the bright side. Because of it his comments always negative. I don't consider Kraut as troll. I saw many-many Kerry hating here, and I don't consider them trolls either...

laszlo.nemedi

Reaction score
Country
llHungary
Ah, as for the BILD, it has lower credibility than Playboy (hey I like Playboy :D ). We have in Europe much more serious newspaper here, and don't expect Bush is high in them. To tell the truth Kerry is not too high in them either...

Kraut

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
laszlo.nemedi said:
Ah, as for the BILD, it has lower credibility than Playboy (hey I like Playboy :D ).
Hehe, OK, you got me there, guess I would be less embarrassed beeing caught buying the Playboy, than I would be being caught buying the BILD :D

piero1971

Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
Bild is really crap paper... like a National Enquireer meets USA Today. Kraut, how can you compare magnificent, intellectually progressive Playboy magazine to BILD!!! (I know what you meant though!!) :D

interestingly to read today's edition of a real news source: "The Economist" who, very reluctantly, endorses Kerry...

I read yesterday's edition of "The American Conservative", imho one of the best mags published in the US and Pat Buchanan's reasont to vote for Bush (a radical shift in his opinion is that it requires the US to fall to lower depth of failure so that the Republican party gets back to what it has always been and should be: a party dedicated to the bettering of the USA, not to serve large corporations, sionism, religious extremists (US equivalent of bin laden) and so on.

VOTE BLANK is the real protest againt Bush and not supporting Kerry, in fact. Or libertarian (my choice if i could vote, but since I can't this is all just rethoric).

sickpup

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Kraut said:

Yeah, almost a New York Times niveau :nuts:
lol... well, the fact that BILD makes stuff up would actually make them more like the NYT.

Status
Not open for further replies.