German AFV/Vehicle Info Cards [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Am making German vehicle cards, just like the Russian cards that are already uploaded in a different thread.

For example:

Let me know if you see any errors or have any suggestion. Will take me a while to create all 121 cards.

Ken

Last edited:

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Cool idea, the only thing I noticed was rear armor should be one less.

KenH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Cool idea, the only thing I noticed was rear armor should be one less.
Thanks for the positive feedback.

However, I don't believe the rear AF is 1 less than as shown. If you are referring to Case A (C7.21), any hit on a rear armor facing has the TK# increased by one. But the armor rating of the target remains unchanged and equal to what is shown on the counter.

Or, am I missing something here?

KenH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You might add information on MP costs for gaining a level and perhaps on intermediate levels.

JR
JR,

While I have your attention...

As you may have noticed, though I am an advanced Excel user (and love to build these types of workbooks!), I am still much of a beginner at ASL. As such, another thing that you can help me with is explaining the following:

I reviewed the AFV card template that is offered at http://www.aslcards.com/ . Take a look there at the image provided of the example card for the Russian KV-1 M42. Note how the card has a section on "IFT". I included a similar section to my card design.

I understand and have already added the AP Equiv and CH numbers. It's always either a 1 or 2 (and CH 2 and 4) depending upon gun caliber. And it's only available, of course, with AP and vs. non-armored targets.

I don't understand "HE Equiv" and it's related CH so much. In C8.31, I see that these numbers come from the table under "Other Ordnance". But, I do not understand how the creator of the card at aslcard.com concluded that the HE Equiv for a KV-1 M42 76L gun is a 14. Following C8.31, I should use the IFT column "to the left of the Gun's normal HE FP". The gun's caliber is 76, which is column 12. One column to the left brings me to an 8 column. So... why does this card show a 14?

Lastly, I have no idea what "IFE: Area 7" (on that same card at aslcards.com) is. What is this and is it important enough to take space on an AFV card?

I appreciate your feedback. Hopefully, you will enjoy the cards once this project is finished. I intend to upload the Excel workbook here for others to use either on phone or tablet, or actually print the cards themselves.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I don't understand "HE Equiv" and it's related CH so much. In C8.31, I see that these numbers come from the table under "Other Ordnance". But, I do not understand how the creator of the card at aslcard.com concluded that the HE Equiv for a KV-1 M42 76L gun is a 14. Following C8.31, I should use the IFT column "to the left of the Gun's normal HE FP". The gun's caliber is 76, which is column 12. One column to the left brings me to an 8 column. So... why does this card show a 14?
According to the card, the KV-1 M42 does not have HEAT. I am going to take him at his word. The section for HEAT FP (the pinkish area) has blanks. I would have recommended "n/a" as being clearer in case of confusion. The HE section for armored has a base TK# of 7 (and 14 on the CH), which is correct for HE TK# against armor. It has 12 FP vs soft targets. The chart seems to be mixing TK#s with IFT FP and not labeling what is what. The whole table is labeled "TK", but that isn't really true of the IFT FP.

Lastly, I have no idea what "IFE: Area 7" (on that same card at aslcards.com) is. What is this and is it important enough to take space on an AFV card?
It actually says in one box, "IFE:" and in another box, "Area: 7". The KV-1 M42 has no IFE FP, and it has seven FP when fired using Area Target Type. Again I would have suggested, "IFE: n/a". I also probably would have suggested, "ATT: 7" or better, "ATT FP: 7", as ATT is a very well known abbreviation, and it would also avoid any confusion with "Area Fire," another source of grief.

JR

Last edited:

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
The calculated TH table is a bit confusing because Case L doesn't always apply.

JR

Elfego Baca

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ken:

I hope this is the correct place to mention it .....

For the German PSW 234/2 AC (Puma), MP cost to cross a Hedge is 3+COT & Bog Check. Card for Puma indicates "3+COT".

Didn't check other German AC's for this, nor AC's of other nationalities.

KenH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ken:

I hope this is the correct place to mention it .....

For the German PSW 234/2 AC (Puma), MP cost to cross a Hedge is 3+COT & Bog Check. Card for Puma indicates "3+COT".

Didn't check other German AC's for this, nor AC's of other nationalities.
Elfago,

I am confused as to where you are seeing the card on the Puma? I haven’t yet created any German cards. Have done only the Russian vehicles. (Update very soon, btw)

Are you referring to the cards at aslcards.com? If so, those are not my cards. I was only using that site as an example of what a card could look like. I think that my cards are better. ?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
UPDATE: 21 of 121 German vehicle cards complete. Doing a few a day...

Here is an example:
View attachment 10405
The picture without the aamg has frontal six AF while the picture with has frontal box-six AF. Does the aamg add that much protection?

The AF chart has 6 & 6 for frontal armor.

JR

KenH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The picture without the aamg has frontal six AF while the picture with has frontal box-six AF. Does the aamg add that much protection?

The AF chart has 6 & 6 for frontal armor.

JR
JR,

I do not know the answer to your question. Maybe the AAMG mount included more armor?

Regarding the 6 & 6 armor values: The card only represents one counter (always the one on the left). If there is an alternate version of the counter (in this case, with an optional AAMG), I show the counter for reference and the user will have to account for any changes to the numbers manually. I try to add a note on what the difference between the counters is (in this case, in the lower left corner, there is a note to this effect).

Ken

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
JR,

I do not know the answer to your question. Maybe the AAMG mount included more armor?

Regarding the 6 & 6 armor values: The card only represents one counter (always the one on the left). If there is an alternate version of the counter (in this case, with an optional AAMG), I show the counter for reference and the user will have to account for any changes to the numbers manually. I try to add a note on what the difference between the counters is (in this case, in the lower left corner, there is a note to this effect).
Before you add a note, you may want to do a little more research on the Pz IIIL.

JR

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
UPDATE: 21 of 121 German vehicle cards complete. Doing a few a day...

Here is an example:
View attachment 10405
Are these from Broken Ground counters? For the MMP listed units (Chapter H) the 1st Pz IIIL you have is actually a Pz IIIJ (Front AF=6, SR AF=Boxed 3) whereas the Pz IIIL has both AF boxed for turret AF. The use of the 2nd depiction is a little confusing unless one understands that the note in the lower left (German MAVN B) only applies to that depiction (You also did not provide a reference to Note B, just stated it minus a reference to how you arrived at that interpretation and your note does not include its RF#).

KenH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Are these from Broken Ground counters? For the MMP listed units (Chapter H) the 1st Pz IIIL you have is actually a Pz IIIJ (Front AF=6, SR AF=Boxed 3) whereas the Pz IIIL has both AF boxed for turret AF. The use of the 2nd depiction is a little confusing unless one understands that the note in the lower left (German MAVN B) only applies to that depiction (You also did not provide a reference to Note B, just stated it minus a reference to how you arrived at that interpretation and your note does not include its RF#).
Thanks for the post, Eagle. I indeed had the wrong counter image in the card. I fixed it.

And, in the few cases that I put two counter images on a single card, the card only refers to the image on the left. It's that, or make two cards. I have chosen to consolidate at the expense of some initial confusion.

Regarding Note B, I do reference it in the upper left corner. To be honest, I am probably not being as rigorous as I should on including some of the notes. For example, in other cards, I do not necessarily include mention of the optional equipment. Just depends on whether or not I have room in the notes area.

Another example: I do not ever include note N, which describes the unit's availability in North Africa. For the users that want to know exactly the note language and any RF# or unit availability, etc. Chapter H is still the place to go. The card is primarily for use while sitting at the game table.

Ken

Corrected card below:

Attachments

Last edited:

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Thanks for the post, Eagle. I indeed had the wrong counter image in the card. I fixed it.

And, in the few cases that I put two counter images on a single card, the card only refers to the image on the left. It's that, or make two cards. I have chosen to consolidate at the expense of some initial confusion.

Regarding Note B, I do reference it in the upper left corner. To be honest, I am probably not being as rigorous as I should on including some of the notes. For example, in other cards, I do not necessarily include mention of the optional equipment. Just depends on whether or not I have room in the notes area.

Another example: I do not ever include note N, which describes the unit's availability in North Africa. For the users that want to know exactly the note language and any RF# or unit availability, etc. Chapter H is still the place to go. The card is primarily for use while sitting at the game table.

Ken

Corrected card below:
View attachment 10412
The AF chart is still wrong.

JR

Status
Not open for further replies.