German 37L AT gun

Paul John

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Howdy all,
I am a little confused about the Heat ammo on this gun. The comment in chapter H implies that it gets the ammo type at some point along the way, but I don't see any info on when that might be. Also, is it really a kill # of 26?
Thanks!
Paul

Ken Hampel

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Howdy all,
I am a little confused about the Heat ammo on this gun. The comment in chapter H implies that it gets the ammo type at some point along the way, but I don't see any info on when that might be. Also, is it really a kill # of 26?
Thanks!

I believe that info is in chapter C under Heat ammo. Each nationality gets Heat at a different time as I recall.
Paul

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
HEAT is available for German guns as of May '42 per C8.3. This date was not marked on German counters, regrettably. You just have to know it is so. The Stielgranate 41 round was not a 37mm round but was a much larger round that was shot like a spigot mortar, hence its high TK#.

JR

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Make sure you understand the special TH procedure for the thing. It is a very-short-range weapon.

JR

Pyth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
HEAT is available for German guns as of May '42 per C8.3. This date was not marked on German counters, regrettably. You just have to know it is so. The Stielgranate 41 round was not a 37mm round but was a much larger round that was shot like a spigot mortar, hence its high TK#.

JR
So as of May 1942 German guns have unlimited HEAT? ... Wait, I think I've gathered up a clue: You mean the May, part,right... like it'll say H depletion number super script 2, and you have to know that prior to 5/42 HEAT is na? Right?

Paul John

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So as of May 1942 German guns have unlimited HEAT? ... Wait, I think I've gathered up a clue: You mean the May, part,right... like it'll say H depletion number super script 2, and you have to know that prior to 5/42 HEAT is na? Right?
Exactly, the Heat is possible from May 42 on. The gun has a depletion number of 6. Sadly, I am playing in '41 this time around, so no Heat for me.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Correct. The depletion number still applies. The depletion number is just missing the availability date on the counter that was added for later nationalities.

JR

Last edited:

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
HEAT is available for German guns as of May '42 per C8.3. This date was not marked on German counters, regrettably. You just have to know it is so.
Or check the play aid from Journal 10 that was designed specifically so you wouldn't just have to know it is so on anything date-dependent.

/shameless plug

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

JR
That's the one that got Sgt. Lipton.

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
I believe it is the same grenade that is later used for the 5000 produced Panzerfaust Kleine (PFk) in Army Group South, summer 1943 with the same TK#.

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
The HEAT grenade is not a 37mm grenade but rulewise you can still achieve a Multiple Hit with it.

You rather get a Multiple Hit with the Stielgrenade at an AFV. To see your opponent giving up his hope for a double Dud is great, lol.