German 37L AT gun

semenza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Your question try to imply that the Gun always gets multiple hits when firing a Stielgrenade like certain flak guns, the answer to the question must be No.
That doesn't even make sense. Although maybe you meant to say the opposite? There is no implication. Multiple Hits and more than one TK are not the same thing. I don't even think there is a German 37L that gets more than one TK. And even if there is , it would not get Multiple Hits when firing a Stielgranate 41!

Seth

Last edited:

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
That doesn't even make sense. Although maybe you meant to say the opposite? There is no implication. Multiple Hits and more than one TK are not the same thing. I don't even think there is a German 37L that gets more than one TK. And even if there is , it would not get Multiple Hits when firing a Stielgranate 41!
Dude you're out in left field on this.
I'm done.
Seth
Even Perry realized he made a bad call to your bad question, so he had to change the answer to support your bad wording but still no rule reference to support his position.

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Where in the rules does it say it doesn't use the Vehicle or Infantry Target Type? All I can read is that it has a modified TH number (and that targets are restricted), but it doesn't say that this is not considered Infantry of Vehicle TT.

(I don't have a problem with it, but I just don't see anything in the rules that disallows it)
This makes sense, do you see the difference?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Even Perry realized he made a bad call to your bad question, so he had to change the answer to support your bad wording but still no rule reference to support his position.
Perry's answers are not like your or my answers. You and I have to provide a rule number to support an answer. We cannot create errata. Perry can create errata.

JR

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Perry's answers are not like your or my answers. You and I have to provide a rule number to support an answer. We cannot create errata. Perry can create errata.

JR
Errata is a great idea. Perry sez to win an argument is fascist light, lol.

semenza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The rules I will site are probably the same as the rules you site. C3.31, C3.8, and the German Chapter H Ordnance note B, Chapter C footnote #8. Probably could throw a few more in depending on the direction of debate but they are not needed.

The only thing clear is that it is not 100% clear. Which is why there are people on both sides in this topic. Which is why the question was sent to Perry. Perry provided an answer. Perry's answer is sensible in light of the attributes of the weapon in question and the intent and reason behind the multiple hits rule. To allow the Stielgranate to have multiple hits is ridiculous.

Seth

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
The rules I will site are probably the same as the rules you site. C3.31, C3.8, and the German Chapter H Ordnance note B, Chapter C footnote #8. Probably could throw a few more in depending on the direction of debate but they are not needed.

The only thing clear is that it is not 100% clear. Which is why there are people on both sides in this topic. Which is why the question was sent to Perry. Perry provided an answer. Perry's answer is sensible in light of the attributes of the weapon in question and the intent and reason behind the multiple hits rule. To allow the Stielgranate to have multiple hits is ridiculous.

Seth
I stated early on, the rule is silly and not on line with common sense.

But somehow you twisted it all to be that your holy rule text is in fact logic and not silly at all, and even called upon your holy Bus driver to help you out to make a meaning out of nothing.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
What is the answer to this: Does the 37L firing a Steilgranate 41 get only one hit?
As by the 'Perry Sez' it does not get Multiple Hits as per C3.8.

Multiple Hits would grant you two TK rolls of which you may select one (usually the one with the better result) after you rolled doubles on the one TH roll.

von Marwitz

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
That's the problem with working with "Perry sez" collections: Perry's answers include both "here's what the rules say" answers, and "the rules are not 100% clear/foolproof, here's a ruling". But when not officially turned into errata, the latter have no effect on the rules themselves, and I can understand that some people insist on playing by the rules as written (and as amended by errata, of course).

Currently, MMP still issue errata from the 20th century: by printing them in the ASL Journal. I for one would not be sorry to see them move to a format where they released them somewhat faster, by posting them to their website or whatever. And, why not, make "Perry sez" into an official source of errata (which is a different thing: an erratum requires specific wording to change the rules - Perry's answers are typically way shorter than that).