Geoboards - ideas wanted

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My Suicide Creek looks pretty good. My Edson's Ridge looks pretty good. If you want to leave a fleck here or there with inherent terrain as they both do, no problem. If you make rubble look like a small mound around the hex center, then I have to study the hex to figure out what terrain it is. In my mind the best map depiction first describes the play of the terrain that is represented and only as a secondary consideration looks nice. I am a player, not a collecter. I don't see these two conflicting in this case if the artwork extended to the hex edge. It would still look nice, but it would also imply how the terrain should be played. But do with it what you will.

JR
When I was locked away in the gulag, I wish I had remembered the following from Red Barricades section "3. Printed Rubble"

"Ignore small portions of the artwork extending across a hexside into an adjacent non-rubble Location; the presence of these fragments serves only to reinforce the fact that, as Inherent Terrain, rubble blocks all same-level LOS traced along the rubble hexside."

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
More desert building/village/city overlays?

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've been sketching several new geoboard ideas and am asking - what ideas do you think would add value to our current mix of boards?

I'd rather not get into the discussion of whether we need more boards - I've already concluded that we do and this post isn't designed to argue that point. Rather, the point of the post is that given that there can and should be new geoboards - what new boards would be good to have?

We can talk about style of board - regular 8.5 x 22, or Fort-style, or double-wide, or something other. Maybe new Korean theme, or Normandy.. or?
Don, check your inbox please.