Genesis II Sons of Galilee #1

Nineteen Kilo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Question on the Set Up/Entry of of the Syrians in Sons of Galilee #1.

The scenario card has the Syrian infantry entering as follows: "Enter on Turn 2 or Turn 3 along the south and/or east edges between hexes 43K1 - 43B4"

There is no Board 43; only Boards 40, KB1, & 6 are in play. Board 6 is the southern most board but only hexes R-GG are in play with row 4 being the southern edge (i.e. row 1 is NOT the southern edge). So just substituting Board 6 for Board 43 in the setup doesn't make any sense.

Anyone have errata on this scenario?

Kurious Kev

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have two versions of that scenario. One is from Genesis 48. It is called "Sons of Galilee - Genesis #1. It uses boards 40 and 43. The second one is from Genesis II. It is ver. 1.1 and it uses boards 40, KB1, and 6. It is called "Sons of Galilee ver. 1.1 - Genesis II #1. Sounds like you have the first one.

Nineteen Kilo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have two versions of that scenario. One is from Genesis 48. It is called "Sons of Galilee - Genesis #1. It uses boards 40 and 43. The second one is from Genesis II. It is ver. 1.1 and it uses boards 40, KB1, and 6. It is called "Sons of Galilee ver. 1.1 - Genesis II #1. Sounds like you have the first one.
Nope I have version 1.1 which uses Boards 40, KB1 & 6. But the entry appears to reference the earlier version. However you cannot merely substitute the number "6" for "43" as version 1.1 uses two boards and a portion of a third, while the original uses only 2 boards.

The mystery continues...

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nope I have version 1.1 which uses Boards 40, KB1 & 6. But the entry appears to reference the earlier version. However you cannot merely substitute the number "6" for "43" as version 1.1 uses two boards and a portion of a third, while the original uses only 2 boards.

The mystery continues...
In V1.1 (Genesis II) the entry area is 6z4 - KB1a5. There is no mention of Bd 43 and the scenario only uses portions of all 3 map boards or am I misunderstanding what you are asking/ stating?

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In V1.1 (Genesis II) the entry area is 6z4 - KB1a5. There is no mention of Bd 43 and the scenario only uses portions of all 3 map boards or am I misunderstanding what you are asking/ stating?
Correct. No mention of board 43 on ver. 1.1
Wrong, it does mention board 43 for the infantry entry point. I would think it would be the same entry point as the armor. They didn't change it from the ver. 1 card to reflect the new map boards on ver. 1.1

Last edited:

Nineteen Kilo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nope Top you are not misunderstanding. This is EXACTLY what I need to know. For whatever reason my card references Board 43 for the Syrian Infantry entry area. (BTW the Syrian Armor entry area reads exactly as in your quote above on my card. Most odd.) My thanks!

Nineteen Kilo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Correct. No mention of board 43 on ver. 1.1
Wrong, it does mention board 43 for the infantry entry point. I would think it would be the same entry point as the armor. They didn't change it from the ver. 1 card to reflect the new map boards on ver. 1.1
Sorry I missed the second portion of your post yesterday Whiskers (did you edit it?). While having the Infantry entry area mimic the Armor entry area is probably the field expedient answer. If you look at the earlier version of the scenario the Infantry entry area is actually larger than the Armor entry area.

Might I suggest an Infantry Entry Area that reads: Enter on Turn 2 or Turn 3 along the south and/or east edges between hexes 6w4 - KB1a5 as more in line with the entry area for the Infantry from the earlier version.

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sorry I missed the second portion of your post yesterday Whiskers (did you edit it?). While having the Infantry entry area mimic the Armor entry area is probably the field expedient answer. If you look at the earlier version of the scenario the Infantry entry area is actually larger than the Armor entry area.

Might I suggest an Infantry Entry Area that reads: Enter on Turn 2 or Turn 3 along the south and/or east edges between hexes 6w4 - KB1a5 as more in line with the entry area for the Infantry from the earlier version.
Sounds good to me.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The only things you seem to do here is spam the forums with your armory updates (you can go to bgg for actual counter sheet scans) and slam CH at every opportunity. Why cant people just sit back and enjoy the game? Why must the herr pitmanns, the hutchs, probes and a few others constantly slam ch stuff that people are obviously enjoying. It's people like you guys that really make the online ASL hobby experience very unfun and probably the major reason this hobby is wilting on the vine.

Scott

My post was unjustified, deleted and thank you.

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
Well, that's the first time I have heard of the Armory being Spam, the updates usually only occur when there are new releases or errors have been found. As far as slamming CH, I admit that I erred and let my feelings override my better judgment.
I enjoy the game as much as you, but if I have to repeatedly keep guessing about what may or may not be the intent of the designer, the fun meter slowly shifts to the left. (oops)
In the words of Stan Lee: 'nuff said.

Last edited:

Robert Fabbro

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hutch,

You are a gentleman. You are NOT the one who should be apologizing here.

Thank you for the hard work. Your Armory files are an excellent resource. Certainly not spam.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I understand your a company man and you feel it is necessary to attack TPP at every opportunity. But if you take a peek into the Q&A forum, you will find many questions on official stuff too. Why not attack MMP for making mistakes on their publications? As I said before, the only time you show up here on the forums is to either attack TPP or post your armory text pdf's. Honestly, its people like you that really drive people away from this game and make the online ASL experience very unfun.

Well, that's the first time I have heard of the Armory being Spam, the updates usually only occur when there are new releases or errors have been found. As far as slamming CH, I admit that I erred and let my feelings override my better judgment.
I enjoy the game as much as you, but if I have to repeatedly keep guessing about what may or may not be the intent of the designer, the fun meter slowly shifts to the right.
In the words of Stan Lee: 'nuff said.

Misterhawk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I understand your a company man and you feel it is necessary to attack TPP at every opportunity. But if you take a peek into the Q&A forum, you will find many questions on official stuff too. Why not attack MMP for making mistakes on their publications? As I said before, the only time you show up here on the forums is to either attack TPP or post your armory text pdf's. Honestly, its people like you that really drive people away from this game and make the online ASL experience very unfun.
He apologized and deleted his comment. It's you who keep yammering on. Let it go ...