Generic OPFOR Rifle Bn

bongotastic

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I've uploaded a couple of files in the download section. This is a set of OOB files to quickly generate dismounted/light infantry units according to FM 100-63. Use the OOB files in the Expanded subfolder, or tweak the base folder OOB files and generate TacOps valid OOBs using the provided python script.

This is an experiment with scripting to generate OOBs. There is a long list of caveats implied by using a FM to reconstitute an organization! The unit naming is off, support units minimal, comments and suggestions are welcomed.

Here's the link.

Cheers,

Christian

Last edited:

MajorH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nice.

Did you get the unit type codes from one of my posted Excel data base dumps or did you find them by tediously hunting through TacOps unit information windows?

bongotastic

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
MajorH,
The tedious way, although I didn't mind too much while watching Xmas movies with the kids. Where are these DB dumps? Is it on tacopshq? I import things only once and use the python script to duplicate and rename repetitive units (Plt, Co, etc.)

I want to build OOB files for up to Mot Bd slowly, so I still have some more of this OOB editing to do. Not that I think that anyone ever want to import anything bigger than a few dozen units in one gulp!

Christian

Last edited:

bongotastic

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Upgrade to Mot Brigade

Hi,

The file in the download section now contains the OOB for a complete Motorized brigade (Div,OPFOR) built according to FM 100-63. Each components are importable separately, a borrowed diagram is provided to help choosing what to import.

I chose to post it because most of the factory-provided optional-units are mostly covering mechanized components rather than lighter flavor of infantry units.

Hope this will be useful to others too.

Christian