Gembloux II and what Game stores advertise

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
This was not a critical hit problem, but a game store advertising one product and selling another; both are similar in appearence, but they have different front cover pages and different terrain inside.

Yeah, CH has produced problems in the past, but this time I am NOT faulting them. Just "over-zealous" sellers advertising the wrong product for sale.
So this problem that the store has has nothing to do with CH's mystery bait & switch, multiple copies, name-changing confusionfest?

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So this problem that the store has has nothing to do with CH's mystery bait & switch, multiple copies, name-changing confusionfest?
Correct.

The Gamestore has "No Clue" what they are selling when they advertise...... The old "Bait and Switch" tactic.

I bet they are not too please with my comments on their accounts, but they earned each and every "scathing remark".

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Correct.

The Gamestore has "No Clue" what they are selling when they advertise...... The old "Bait and Switch" tactic.

I bet they are not too please with my comments on their accounts, but they earned each and every "scathing remark".
I don't know if some game store lackey would know the difference. I am sure CH has them all confused as well. Maybe your ire might be a little miss-directed? Just my 2 cents.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I don't know if some game store lackey would know the difference. I am sure CH has them all confused as well. Maybe your ire might be a little miss-directed? Just my 2 cents.
Ed Zachry!

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I see, hum they advertise one thing and deliver something else. Got a better one, how about Gettysburg, bought in May 2013 and nada. not a peep from CH. Beat that! :)

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I see, hum they advertise one thing and deliver something else. Got a better one, how about Gettysburg, bought in May 2013 and nada. not a peep from CH. Beat that! :)
Can't.

I don't think the Gettysburg module fits the "Squad-size" elements in ASL/SL.

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Can't.

I don't think the Gettysburg module fits the "Squad-size" elements in ASL/SL.
It was a pure curiosity purchase and it wasn't price-jacked. I agree the fight model doesn't fit the time line, but to kill Johnny
Reb. i was intrigued. But so much time has passed I am about to write off the whole thing as a loss and will not buy a single item from them again. I get nothing but crickets from their customer service (Maureen). Buyer beware and I wasn't aware.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It was a pure curiosity purchase and it wasn't price-jacked. I agree the fight model doesn't fit the time line, but to kill Johnny
Reb. i was intrigued. But so much time has passed I am about to write off the whole thing as a loss and will not buy a single item from them again. I get nothing but crickets from their customer service (Maureen). Buyer beware and I wasn't aware.
Yeah,

CH Customer Service ranks close to the bottom of the rating scale for satisfaction.

I've had good/bad inter-actions with Maureen.

Give her a call on Monday. She might be in a 'good mood' to answer questions.

ASRomafan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Normally a delay from CH is nothing unusual, but it is slowly creeping up on 9 months since they went on preorder. Usually it is a 3-6 month delay. I didn't order Gettysburg but missed the buyer beware warning on Ponyri:Gates of Hell and didn't see the mention of the dread 'flat panels'. Perhaps just because of that, I really could care less when it comes. It will, someday I will see it when they finally do, and will likely have more fun bitching and complaining about it than playing it. I am more anxious to finally see it out of the production queue to get a hint as to 'what is next' with CH. They had an ambitious 20th year anniversary release schedule planned this year, some of those being some highly anticipated new products, and they have a long way to go to meet that now that we are into spring and still have seen products from last summer. However any delay might be a good thing, gives them more time to figure out that flat panels are hated before any new products are wasted with them.

Fred Ingram

Average Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One good thing about Stalin's Fury I & II, is that if you have the original DTW map, or the Valor of the 37th Guards map, you can play all of the Stalin's Fury I & II scenarios on those maps as well. The maps for Stalin's Fury is just a blown up area of the DTW maps.
In other words - another retread

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah,

CH Customer Service ranks close to the bottom of the rating scale for satisfaction.

I've had good/bad inter-actions with Maureen.

Give her a call on Monday. She might be in a 'good mood' to answer questions.
You know what Kevin, I am not going to even try. My time is too valuable to was trying to track down something I paid for back in May 2013 for forty bucks. I just cut my losses and leave them alone. I have more "Real time problems" than chase Ray or Maureen around. Besides, they have started to poison the gaming waters with miss-direction, false hope and "lets no open the door so they go away" attitude. They are doing a grad 'ole job at that, more than I could ever do as a honest ASL player. They lost my business and I will just cut my losses and be on my way. Not that I have a ton of ca$h to blow, I don't. But I expect a level of professionalism with your business. Becoming a Wild Bill production as I have ever seen one. 2 cents.

Paul_RS

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Normally a delay from CH is nothing unusual, but it is slowly creeping up on 9 months since they went on preorder. Usually it is a 3-6 month delay. I didn't order Gettysburg but missed the buyer beware warning on Ponyri:Gates of Hell and didn't see the mention of the dread 'flat panels'. Perhaps just because of that, I really could care less when it comes. It will, someday I will see it when they finally do, and will likely have more fun bitching and complaining about it than playing it. I am more anxious to finally see it out of the production queue to get a hint as to 'what is next' with CH. They had an ambitious 20th year anniversary release schedule planned this year, some of those being some highly anticipated new products, and they have a long way to go to meet that now that we are into spring and still have seen products from last summer. However any delay might be a good thing, gives them more time to figure out that flat panels are hated before any new products are wasted with them.
Too late.....the hated flat panels are back in force

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
Got Gembloux II (with the CH1 board) and only for $10!!!
Welcome to the re-sale price for CH items - LOL. You should get this shorty. If you have any issues with item, all I can say is I bought it from Gunner Scott that way!

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I think if you want a match you must buy everything again, pity really.

Flat panels and all...

ASRomafan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think if you want a match you must buy everything again, pity really.

Flat panels and all...
Hah. Thanks Don. Fire is the one test we haven't put the flat panels through yet. They passed the piss, vomit and blood tests. I suppose I'll have to report back on the Zippo test on the Ponyri flat panels (after I have had them translated to a traditional map that is lol)

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hah. Thanks Don. Fire is the one test we haven't put the flat panels through yet. They passed the piss, vomit and blood tests. I suppose I'll have to report back on the Zippo test on the Ponyri flat panels (after I have had them translated to a traditional map that is lol)
What about the "alcohol abuse test" (spilling of cheap beer, wine or hard liquor)......... ?

Maybe they'll "absorb" the liquids and "slide off the playing surface.......

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
The real question is does it pass the sex stress test?