GD'42 Submitted

Jay White

my sh*t is so tight
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I know most TCS players check out the consimworld site, but in the interest of keeping up TCS traffic here... this is a post from Lee Forester, earlier today:

"GD'42
It's in, Dean has the green light to finish this, so I'll call on my faithful team of proofers once Dean and Niko have it all done and then it's off to the printers."

As a new TCS fan, I have more than enough to play. But it's nice to hear that new modules are moving down the production line.

Lehr

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I also have plenty to play, but, as you said, it is good to see a new one coming out. GD '42 looks like it will be great!

It will also be nice to have the professionally formatted 4.0 rules and charts.

Chaim628

Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
Playtested that one 4-5 years ago already. Good flow with Russians attacking Grossdeutschen from 3 sides. Is on Preorder on the MMP site for some time now.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Good news. Will be a nice bookend to my collection; just found an unpunched copy of Bloody 110 in the original box. Looking forward to this too; still amazed at the depth of research that goes into them.

Jay White

my sh*t is so tight
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Playtested that one 4-5 years ago already. Good flow with Russians attacking Grossdeutschen from 3 sides. Is on Preorder on the MMP site for some time now.
Chaim, since it sounds like you're ahead of the game in TCS-world... are you aware of many more new TCS products that are coming up?

I don't expect you to give details, but it would be nice to know that other new products are moving through the production line.

Chaim628

Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
Chaim, since it sounds like you're ahead of the game in TCS-world... are you aware of many more new TCS products that are coming up?

I don't expect you to give details, but it would be nice to know that other new products are moving through the production line.
Hi Jay, this is Hans. As you know I work mainly on ASL and OCS and just playtest for TCS whenever there is a call. I haven't participated since GD42 but GD43 was mentioned at the time. I don't recall a playtest call from that one yet. Saw your question on Consimworld too, you probably get answer there.

Kishel

Reaction score

Lee Forester posted this recently on CSW

"What's next for TCS

Here is a list of all the games in the works: Canadian Crucible (Larry Brien, Canucks at Normandy)

# Ariete / GGFF (Mauro de Vita, Italians in Africa)
# Omaha II (LF, remake/redesign of David Powell's classic)
# Primosole Bridgehead (Nadir El-Farra/LF, Sicily)
# Dieulourard Bridgehead (Nadir El-Farra, US crossing the Mosel)
# Goose Green (Carl Fung)

In hand, but needing major development:
# Philippine Scouts (including US cavalry in TCS here)
# Ia Drang (Vietnam)

Also on the list, but only at the conceptual stage:
# Something at Stalingrad (Tractor works?)
# Merrill's Marauders (will try to twist David Friedrich's arm here)
# GD '43 (anyone got Wig's email for right of first refusal?)
# Berlin '45 (anyone up for storming the Reichstag?David Friedrichs)
# Kasserine Pass (LF) "

CPRad

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
And in Lee's comments he says that MMP is pushing for a reprint of the Omaha game next. In the CSW's TCS folder we are discussing the rational behind releasing this remake over when there are a number of other games in line and have been for over 10 yrs ...

Don't get me wrong I think Omaha is a good game, I have a copy of the original but I think we should try a one mapper after GD'42.

Lehr

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Posted by Brian Y on CSW:

"We're pulling the countersheet printrun together now, that part takes the longest. AMDT, GD'42, and Bastogne are being printed together and it can be fairly well assumed they're likely to be the next games out unless some other counterless product sneaks out somewhere in there too."