GameSpot gives Yoshi's Island 9.1

Bootaaay

Nibelung Valesti
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Got mine on pre-order - i'm glad they haven't deviated from what made the original Yoshi's Island one of the greatest platformers ever to grace the SNES, this new Yoshi's Island should be a blast.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wonder how Sprig will take this, a 9.1 on a handheld without fancy graphics meets up to Resistance ;D

Sprig

Reaction score
First name
Luke
Country
llUnited Kingdom
ScorelessCoasts said:
Wonder how Sprig will take this, a 9.1 on a handheld without fancy graphics meets up to Resistance ;D
Dude wtf, will u just leave me alone and quit bashing me in like every thread? Wich most of the time i havnt even said one word in.
On the game; havnt payed much attention to this game tbh :eek: So for all i know this good be a very awesome game indeed. :)

bradas

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Sprig said:
Dude wtf, will u just leave me alone and quit bashing me in like every thread? Wich most of the time i havnt even said one word in.
On the game; havnt payed much attention to this game tbh :eek: So for all i know this good be a very awesome game indeed. :)
Woah dude chill!

hmm, looks good but its not for me :(

fiery rock

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
could someone post a little from the page as i cant see it, dam schools filter, hmmm 9.1. though might have to consider it then

Sprig

Reaction score
First name
Luke
Country
llUnited Kingdom
fiery rock said:
could someone post a little from the page as i cant see it, dam schools filter, hmmm 9.1. though might have to consider it then
Sure thing bro.
Gameplay
Graphics
Sound
Value
Tilt

The Good: A wildly diverse platformer with lots of huge levels; all of the different babies’ abilities give players plenty to do; crayon graphics and lighthearted music provide a charming atmosphere; unlocking everything is a real challenge, even if finishing the game is easy; improves on the original without mucking anything up.
The Bad: Some people may not like the cleaned-up graphics; music tends to be understated; no multiplayer.

It's hard to top a masterpiece, but that's just what Nintendo and Artoon have done with Yoshi's Island DS. By incorporating one major new feature and leaving everything else alone, they've produced a sequel that seems fresh and new while remaining every bit as awesome as the original. If you enjoy side-scrolling platformers, you have to play this one.
:)

Bootaaay

Nibelung Valesti
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Played through the first world so far and it's freaking awesome - exactly like the original but with different level designs and the abillity to swap babies - each baby has a different skill (baby Mario can hit mario blocks and make Yoshi run faster, baby Peach is slower but when you jump into a updraft of wind she uses a parasol to float upwards and baby DK can smash into enemies and swing from ropes and vines - haven't got baby Wario yet). So far i'm liking this better than New Super Mario Bros, mainly because the levels are bigger and theres more emphasis on exploration.