Gamers Flock to Iceland for EVE Fanfest

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Little article:

Gamers Flock to Iceland for EVE Fanfest

According to Morgunbladid, gamers from all around the world are flocking to the country—1,200 foreign visitors are expected to arrive for the fanfest, both players and journalists.

The festival is held for the seventh time this year and has never been grander; it is estimated that it will deliver ISK 300 million (USD 2.6 million, EUR 1.9 million) in profits to the national economy.
Just wake me when they get around to the station-walking and captain cabin videos. :)

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
News on Incarna:
EVE's Incarna begins this summer

"What we're trying to do with the Captain's Quarters feature is change the experience of EVE – magnifying it and making it a grander experience. It's all about the character coming to life and taking your first steps out of the pod. When you're out in a ship, you're not just an abstraction, you're not something floating in your ship."

The first iteration of the expansion will see players confined to solo hangar areas where they can either gaze lovingly at their newly acquired (or stolen) ship – rendered in glorious scale – or retire to their chambers to take in the holographic screens dotted throughout.

These will offer a wide range of information, from tutorial videos exposing new areas of EVE, to market tickers, recruitment tools, significant ship kill information and sovereignty changes.

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Captain's Quarters WiP:

[video=youtube;jciiVYeOC28]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jciiVYeOC28[/video]

I hope when you lay down on your bed, it logs you out of the game. It would make sense. :)

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Keynote roundup:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/03/25/eve-fanfest-2011-keynote-from-the-top-of-the-world/

Among other things mentioned are changes to the way agent missions work. While now you to go an agent who has a chance of giving you the mission you want, in the future, agents will offer only a set line of missions. If you want fighting, you'll head for a fighting agent. Additionally, agents will no longer have a quality rating, so you won't have to waste time hunting down better ratings. Instead, you can get straight into the action with an agent near where you want to be. There will also be changes coming to BPOs and BPCs (blueprint originals and blueprint copies), such as graphics to make them more obvious. Pilots won't have to stop training to plug in implants, either, which saves time. All of this is set up to make EVE more rewarding for players.
All good ideas, albeit, I might miss some of the randomness to agent missions.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I watched the live presentations and videos but I'm glad I skipped the trip to Iceland.