Game?

Wolf

Reaction score
Country
ll
OK, in chat Sunday night someone agreed to play this one with me - my first time :) (I did start one, but my opponent vanished after three turns.) Only problem is, that I had a few pints of falling down water ;) so who was it agreed to play me?

Raver

TOAW Ironman
Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Originally posted by GunnerC
Me ! When the version with the anonymous US entry variable events comes out ... :D :D
Damn! I saw this post earlier and meant to reply, but it seems you dont sleep either Gunner!

If you want another game I'm available ... I think Gunner is gonna surrender soon anyway :p

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Originally posted by Wolf
OK Gunner C, when the revised US entry is ready we'll give it a go. Raver, I'm up for a game to start now, e-mail me at r.nettleton@blueyonder.co.uk :)
I'm amazed you even think of starting one now, when 'in a little while', Mark's gonna release it... I am, quite frankly, twitching like hell. The first game with no beans!!

:joy: :clap: :banana: :hail: :thumup: :bounce: :laugh:

GunnerC

Reaction score
Country
ll
Originally posted by Mantis

I'm amazed you even think of starting one now, when 'in a little while', Mark's gonna release it
IIRC Wolf's not played any games of EA yet - so I understand his keenness.

Mantis - do you want a game as well when the new version comes out ?

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I'd love to, but I can't. I'm barely keeping my head above water right now with my turn load. Sorry, but perhaps another time!

Mark Stevens

Europe Aflame Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
ll
Not to be too discouraging but there's about fifty? Events need changing and rewording (even if it's only 'debug'), plus some are interconnected to other Events, or scheduled reinforcements. I alos need to rewrite the Briefing. Then I'd like to playtest it myself at least once, which probably - certainly - isn't enough to cover every major variable.

I think what I'm getting at is that if you want to do an invasion of Poland practise, you may very well have enough time. Or you could storm Dien Bien Phu. Or play 'Drang Nach Osten' from start to finish.

This'll be the biggest rewrite I've done for a while, plus there's the implementation and effect of (some of!) Braveheart's suggested map revisions, and I don't want to stick a rush job on the Board, which God knows I've done before, only for someone to find a killer bug one hundred and twenty turns into it.

The 'Evil Editor' didn't get it's nickname because it cheats at poker, although no doubt it would if the happy opportunity arose.

I'm also playing four games at the moment and don't want to let my opponents down and - now I think of it - I'm trying to hold down a banking job in moderately difficult circumstances. Plus it's nice to see my friends and family occasionally.

Sorry.

Raver

TOAW Ironman
Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Hey Wolf, you dont seem to be on the TOAW ladder? Are you a signed up member? Not that its a problem if you're not, it just means you wont get ladder points for any games you play.

Wolf

Reaction score
Country
ll
Hmm - I am registered and have reported a few games, but none recently, did you check the inactive ladder? Otherwise I'll have to contact the management :mad:

Wolf

Reaction score
Country
ll
Ah.. I appear to be listed on the inactive ladder as "Rick" i.e my real name with NO games to my credit :angry: . The problem must have occured when I added the TOAW ladder - originally, I was only registered on the CS ladder (with my handle "Wolf" and "Rick" immediately below this), so it would appear that my reported TOAW games have not been credited to me as they have been reported under an unknown username! Anyone know who I contact to sort this out? :hurt: