Game testers wanted

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Hi,

I have been spending the past two months developing a mini CG (insofar that the boards remain the same) based on the German
southern wing of Kharkov in 1942. The scenarios are based on the historic actions at the time and offer a wealth of combined arms
possibilities.

Thus, although this is the thread to the narrative the main purpose is to present players with a series of "situations" that need to be dealt with.

The first scenario for example is a "take the hills scenario" which was typical of the time, this involves a phased attack by 14th Panzer with all the bells
and whistles ( OBA, air support both sides) with a open ground approach.

The second is a bloodbath night scenario with FT tanks on both sides and with the addition of some Pioneers the Germans in this case needing to take a prepared hill defense. Oh did I mention the human wave component that is to be fully developed shortly. Although least representative of the 4 I wanted to test what ASL does with many such instances of the above. For example, this was almost a rinse- cycle- repeat activity at Kursk.

The third is a river crossing which will take the German on a very detailed experience into the "piece by piece" requirements to reduce losses such as concentrated FP,
layered attack sequence and co-ordination between air, motorized infantry and armor. This is very representative.

The last will be Russian counter attack representing the attempt to break out of encirclement at the Barvenkovo salient, this will introduce Lend Lease AFV including Matilda II, Velentine and Lee.

Each of these situations need different approach, there is as much a need to understand military theory - this is purposely built into the game -as know the rules. There will be "just enough" to cause severe palpitations if the German does not pay attention to this.

Due to the high component of combined arms players should be well versed in the rules and I would regard this as more complex than RB.

Please add your details if willing to test.

Hausser

ushosp

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi, I'm ushosp (Steve Nelson), retired and willing to test. I love WW2 games and have lots of time. My system is Win7 64 bit. Feel free to contact me here or directly by email at srn@cfl.rr.com.

ushosp

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Apologies, I read more closely; I am not familiar with the rules and would have to learn.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Apologies, I read more closely; I am not familiar with the rules and would have to learn.
To be fair, @Oberst Hausser has his own ideas of how the rules should be. I doubt you would be in bad shape. Notice his point "there is as much a need to understand military theory - this is purposely built into the game." This is code for "I have some ideas about what needs changed and you'll have to conform with my idea of what military theory is". -- jim

Arch71

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Hey Oberst, I play against a couple of regular opponents each week, Im sure we would all love to playtest your scenarios.