Game Summary (so far)

Mike

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Team Leaders only, can you please post your progress so far so all people involved can see where everyone is at, and update it say every other day (or more often).

Development Team

Duel / showdown:
Depends on agility and accuracy. The fighter with the highest agility goes first and if they hit they win, if they miss they run the risk of getting killed by the opponent. Your party members don’t join in.

A person changes to another person after every defeat gradually becoming harder.

Thief system:
Can attack innocent civilians. They require one successful hit to lose. They use the move run which causes you to lose the battle. If you win you get their possessions. If you lose they call the guards.

Other:
Earning money from enemies and quests.

game to be open ended, so that after you beat the final boss, you can carry on roaming around the map upgrading your stats and earining money etc. Additional quests become available after you finish the game every now and then to keep it from getting boring after the main game has finished.

Party members follow you around.

Unlockables:
be able to purcahse cetain horses and roam in the desert and stuff

Hidden packages, and once you collect them you get stuff

Find cowboy hats hidden in draws and under rocks and stuff

Stats and stuff like percentage told by villagers

Quests:
You get stopped from whatever your doing because this trader comes into town. He tells you about a mine he's going to, not far from the town. He takes you there, but then chickens out when he gets to the entrance. He tells you about a huge gold pit deep inside the mine. You go through the mine(I think there should be a part where you ride a mine cart) and when you finally get to the gold pit, you're confronted by a small army of goons that got there first. you can't negotiate over who gets it, so you fight to the death about it. When you beat it, you get all the gold.

Easter Eggs:
graveyard with everybody's old names on sengo (791, mikesmith165, ect...) on there own each grave (A bit like GTA).

a village of people from sengo making the game and other respected members

(Thanks Darksora, I should have done it ;) )

DarkSora

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Programming:
We cant start yet until atleast the story and art team have sorted atleast the starting to the game.

PSP_X5

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Voice Actors
We cant start untill the script is done :(

CrashyBoy

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Basic Story outline
Fred gets convicted for doing a crime he doesn't commit, so soon as he's let out of prison, him and his friend go in search for the real person who commit the crime and set him up. Later on in the game (not to far in) we find out that it was Fred's friend who commited the crime, as Fred's mate admits to this he shoots fred takes all of his items and leaves him for dead until a stranger stumbles across Fred and helps him out, the person who helps him goes on the quest with Fred.

Fred and his new friend (barry)go to Blackcreek town to visit the prison that Fred was kept in. While they are there they stop to visit a tavern, here they meet the sheriff who put Fred away. The sheriff gives Fred an offer, he says something like there was a witness who saw me kill an innocent man silence him and ill tell you where the person who set you up is. Fred and Barry go to kill the witness, but when they get they figure that this guy has nothing to lose so it doesn't matter if he dies so Fred ask him to go on there quest with them, he refuses until you beat him or something like that then he will go with you. Knowing that they cannot go back to Blackcreek town they set off up-north, to find Fred's betrayer.

Scottay

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
CrashyBoy said:
Basic Storyline so far
Fred gets convicted for doing a crime he doesn't commit, so soon as he's let out of prison, him and his friend go in search for the real person who commit the crime and set him up. Later on in the game (not to far in) we find out that it was Fred's friend who commited the crime, as Fred's mate admits to this he shoots fred takes all of his items and leaves him for dead until a stranger stumbles across Fred and helps him out, the person who helps him goes on the quest with Fred. Along the way to find freds mate (who betray fred) they meet various people.....
That's it I think so far
Fred, what an epic name.:p

Sprig

Reaction score
First name
Luke
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Art: Drew a concept of a character (police officer) that always falls asleep on guard when watching a cell

by me

And concept of main character?

Jim

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Crashyboy: I think the story needs a little tweaking but its a good start especially the way he was betrayed that would be a real twist :D

PSP Rules!!!: I think the image you have are good and maybe the crime could be sleeping on the job? If one of the artists can put that into a proper image that would be great :D

Sprig

Reaction score
First name
Luke
Country
llUnited Kingdom
CrashyBoy said:
Basic Storyline so far
Fred gets convicted for doing a crime he doesn't commit, so soon as he's let out of prison, him and his friend go in search for the real person who commit the crime and set him up. Later on in the game (not to far in) we find out that it was Fred's friend who commited the crime, as Fred's mate admits to this he shoots fred takes all of his items and leaves him for dead until a stranger stumbles across Fred and helps him out, the person who helps him goes on the quest with Fred. Along the way to find freds mate (who betray fred) they meet various people.....
That's it I think so far
That is sweet! I love the idea of his friend is the culprit :up:

Andymac

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Sorry to post in here, but just thought we needed to give Sengo game a kick start and get it started again - Or else this will never happen.

DarkSora

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Some names are still code names (Mary, Jim, Bubba, ralph).

Mary and Jim, western bandits, are infamous for their countless robberies, murders, and leaving every town they plunder in ruins. A price so large was placed on their heads that nearly every bounty hunter in the western world was in searc of them. During their days of robbery they gave birth to a boy. While nurturing their child they went into hiding and became careless. Eventually a bounty hunter named Bubba captured the two and was greatly rewarded for doing so. Mary and Jim were sentenced to death and their child was removed from them and given to farmers in a small village named Whatever. Distraught and in rage at the removal of their child Mary and Jim fought their way out of jail and fought themselves all the way up to the King of the Western world who they smited. Mary and Jim became supreme rulers of the Western world. During their flight to power they gained much support from other bandits and escaped convicts. No one dare opposed their army. Sixteen years go by and the boy, now named Guy, is now a strong, intelligent, and much liked citizen of Whatever village. He is known for his intense kindness and is all around a great person but he believes that his adopted farmer parents are his real parents. He has no idea that he is the son of Mary and Jim. But one day soldiers from the Western World army come to Whatever village and murder his adopted parents and Fred along with other villagers are torn from their home and are transfered to a nearby prison village called Something. Fred is placed in a prison with a theif about his age named Mike and an elderly man who calls himself Ralph. Ralph recognizes Guy as Mary and Jim's son but does not reveal this too him just yet. Cody is an incrediably witty theif who knows his way around the Western world and is a skilled fighter. The three secretly plan their escape. Finally the three make their way out of the prison and Guy swears he will return to rescue his fellow villagers. The three companions travel to a city called Blahblah in order to find out why they and other villages are being attacked by the Western Empire. They find the city in ruins and they discover a rebellion group that has formed against the empire. They decide to join the rebellion group.

Note: All names are fake. I need people to think up better ones.

Okay this is what we have so far but there are other things in the story that will need to be added.

-Jade(possibly a romance between her and Fred)
-Ralph, the elderly fellow who Fred met in jail, is actually Bubba, the bounty hunter who captured Mary and Jim. He will eventually reveal to Fred his true ancestory.
-Cody will in some way betray Fred in the story -possibly part of the love triangle-
-Guy will slowly turn from a nice farmer into a bloodthirsty warrior of the rebellion. Remember that he is very intelligent.

Things to be taken into account.

-How will the rebellion group react when they find out that Guy is really the Mary and Jim's son?

-How will Guy react when he finds that he is the son of the forces that he has been fighting?

-Why is Bubba/Ralph in jail?

Thats all I have for now. Any suggestion would be warmely welcomed.

(copied and edited from Hobomunch's post in story thread)

bradas

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
this souns like it would be good as a movie and not a game from that summary.....meh thts my first post in pistols at dawn lol...anyway back to your game:p

hayec004

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
I like the prison break story. it leaves it open to a bad guy reformed into a strong valient warrior but maybe i'm thinking to much about ff ix

hobomunch12

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Okay so I'm planning on starting the opening cut scene tonight. I plan to have Guy waking up from a dream where his parents are about to be found by Bubba(still fake name) and they're rushing to hide him. Obviously they fail but that isn't outlined in the dream. When Guy wakes up he'll say something along the lines of "Not that dream again." which illustrates to the player that it's a reoccuring dream. Then the rest of the cut scene will show Guy walking throughout the town where it is shown how great of a guy he is. And then....well I'm not sure what I'll do next. Any suggestions?

DarkSora

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
We could do a little character relationship development between Guy and his foster family. So like some small quests (just everyday farming type stuff). Then the last quest could be to do with battling (like a tutorial). Straight after this we could have the village attacked.

hayec004

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
he could have a dark demon secret that he is trying to keep from the foster family

DarkSora

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
nope. Some of us are still working on it, although it seems like most of the team arent interested in it anymore :( Me and hobomunch should have the opening done very soon. :up:

hobomunch12

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
DarkSora said:
nope. Some of us are still working on it, although it seems like most of the team arent interested in it anymore :( Me and hobomunch should have the opening done very soon. :up:
Yeah, once school is out I'll should be able to get a considerable amount done each day.