Galloping Gala 2012

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
:horse: Time to saddle up!:horse:

You have a a chance to buy that special mount you always wanted but didn't get.
Now thru May 6th.
I'll probably break down and at least get my Hunters their steeds.

View attachment 36146

There's also a bunch of "Steed "events on various servers: "Landroval" is the place to be again. :D
May 4th - 13th.

View attachment 36145

Enjoy!

http://www.lotro.com/gallopinggala

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Gala was off and running today on the Landroval server & drew quite a crowd.

It was very orderly and everyone coorperated & kept to the RP atmosphere. (Except for the Lore-master who went AFK to get a snack & left his bear standing in the pathway (view 5).

At the Bree City Square:

1) The Lonely Mountain band put on a concert.

View attachment 36173

2/3) They then held the Mount & Rider "Fashion Show."

View attachment 36174
View attachment 36175

4) Everyone involved lined up for voting for the winner.

View attachment 36176

6) The winner, who was awarded 5 Gold.

View attachment 36177

Prior to these events they held horse races: following this a Mounted Parade was held thru the city.

I'll give it this, it was interesting and diferent. It's nice when everyone comes together to make a good event & not spoil it. :thumup:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
The Gala was off and running today on the Landroval server & drew quite a crowd.

It was very orderly and everyone coorperated & kept to the RP atmosphere.
I was at the fireworks show and saw the channel chatter about a race through Bree. Cute idea, except for the dynamic layers. The racemaster kept telling everyone that if you wanted to participate, you had to send her a "tell" and then join a fellowship in order to transport to her layer. Too much like work. For my money, they should have staged it outside of town, where there was no layer.

I always thought it was too bad the layers were instituted, particularly in Bree which is supposed to be congested with people. I can see thinning it out for something like the anniversary events, as there were just enough people in the layers, it seemed, to make the envelope scuffles interesting.