Galacta 25

Browning

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My introduction to miniature gaming came in boxed sets from Hertiage Figures. They had several lines but the one that captured my imagination was Galacta 25. As you can guess Galacta 25 is man to man combat in the far future. The rules came with each boxed set which includes lead figures (yes, it was that long ago) , a brush with small containers of paint, and a easy to read and play set of rules. It had an huge impact on my gaming and for years afterwards we would fondly speak of Galactra 25 and bemoan the fact that none of us could find the rules.

That was in the early 1980s and as luck would have it I stumped upon a redone copy of the Galacta 25. So for those that remember those good days and like us missed the game below is a link to the latest edition. Cheaper than 40k rules and you can also use your old figures so check'em out.

https://www.nobleknight.com/ViewProducts.asp_Q_ProductLineID_E_2137420437_A_ManufacturerID_E_2145083375_A_CategoryID_E_5_A_GenreID_E_

prymus

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Howdy Browning. Sounds like fun. While I have never done sci-fi or futuristic games I have had the bug at times over my 30+ years of minis. I have often thought of doing a Battlemech type project, but have never undertaken one. I do have a good time when getting out some of my older stuff and doing a "nostalgia" game though. A few year ago I had the pleasure of watching a game put on by Duke Seifried at Little Wars. It was a Lords of the Ring game with spectacular scenery including a model of Helms Deep and tons of figures nicely painted. Man I had a huge bug to do some LotR minis, thankfully that fever passed and I was all better back to doing my historicals ;-) Good luck with your gaming and hope it provides you with many hours of enjoyment.

Browning

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Little Wars in Baton Rouge?

Not to throw fuel on the fire but they did another run of Battletech's 25th Anniversary edition that was, if I'm correct, just released in late January.