G8 RECON IN FORCE

Ed Donoghue

Reaction score
First name
Ed
Country
llUnited States
I am looking for somebody who has played this scenario as the Axis and won (or a US player who has lost). US player must take either (see errata) building 21J4 from the Germans or 21Z2 from the Italians and their CVP must be triple the Axis total. ROAR has this @ 51/51.

I recently played as the Axis player and cannot fathom how the Italian troops can either hold their building (21Z2) or how they can avoid loosing three times the CVPs as the US troops.

I do not think I am suffering from brain freeze or a similar malady. My DRs were average as were my opponents. I was not drinking heavily or smoking anything funky. I have re-examined this scenario twice since we finished and have not yet been able to smile and shout "EURICKA".

Please break it to me gently.

Ed Donoghue

Reaction score
First name
Ed
Country
llUnited States
I am looking for somebody who has played this scenario as the Axis and won (or a US player who has lost). US player must take either (see errata) building 21J4 from the Germans or 21Z2 from the Italians and their CVP must be triple the Axis total. ROAR has this @ 51/51.

I recently played as the Axis player and cannot fathom how the Italian troops can either hold their building (21Z2) or how they can avoid loosing three times the CVPs as the US troops.

I do not think I am suffering from brain freeze or a similar malady. My DRs were average as were my opponents. I was not drinking heavily or smoking anything funky. I have re-examined this scenario twice since we finished and have not yet been able to smile and shout "EURICKA".

Please break it to me gently.
No idea what I am missing

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Just from having looked it over, my guess would be that the Italians set up their board 22 group as speed bumps to either force the Americans to slow down or to risk losing CVP dashing about in the open. The HIP will help with this. Once the Americans reach board 21 they have to take a really big stone building with limited stairwells in at most four turns, and probably three. By eyeball it could possibly be feasible.

And of course the Italians have ELR one. They are unstoppable, so don't get behind them.

JR