G4 German PiF alternate MG table

Augie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I found the various BFP PiF (Poland in Flames) 'ersatz' German MGs really interesting. Although they may not be as common as the standard German MG34/MG42, they did get fielded in the tens of thousands. Using the PiF notes, I created DRM/drm to hopefully replicate the type of units that were issued the PiF 'ersatz' German MGs more than others. Using this table, there is a possibility that almost any unit would get these, with the PiF noted unit types being more likely. I hope this add some German MG spice to your SASL playings.

Attachments

Barking Monkey

Reaction score
First name
John
Country
llUnited States
This is an interesting approach. The clunker MGs are very cool - I added them to the SW table on the 'Case White' German generation table I drew up. (I sometimes produce my own generation tables if I'm playing through a specific campaign.) I have to say, I think PiF is one of the best 'non-SASL SASL' products I've bought. Lots of scenarios that are likely candidates for SASL conversion, variant support weapons to sneak into missions and alternate leaders for personal leader advancement variety (not strictly a SASL rule but I'm guessing a lot of SASL players employ it.)