G13.46 Overlay Entry - Gun attack gets Target Aquisition

Zugführer

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
As I understand it according to the rules in G13.46 a Gun on land gets a 1/2'' -1 Target Aquisition the first time it fires in the game, provided it uses the Vehicle Target Type to fire at a Watercraft in an Ocean hex during that Watercraft's initial MPh of the game.

Does that mean this first attack of the Gun gets the -1 DRM on the To Hit DR?

If not, what does the rule in G13.46 mean? A Gun would get the Target Aquisition anyway after the attack?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
It means what you said: it can use a -1 ½ inch acquisition on its attack using the VTT. The assumption, per footnote 31, is that the gun had been firing before the watercraft appeared at the board edge.

JR

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
When I get a new module, usually the first thing I read is the footnotes.

JR

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I don't know about Zugfuhrer, but I got Gung Ho in the '90s; even if I had the same healthy habit as you, I'd have had plenty of time to forget about this footnote...

(Plus, come on, JR - who do you think you're fooling here? the first thing you do when you get a new module is flip through the maps and countersheets and scenarios, just like the rest of us...)

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I might flip through the stuff in the box, but the first thing I sit down and read is the footnotes. They're short, and they have the quirkiest information in them.

JR