Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
A tetrahedron has an inherent A-B mine. One can also place A-B mines separately from a tetrahedron.

The last sentence of G13.445 states "A -1 drm applies to each Tetrahedron (14.51), and a +1 drm applies to each A-B mine, attack dr vs a LC."

Does this mean the drm for a Tetrahedron is really zero (-1 and +1)?

My thought is "no", because they did not use the word "cumulative".

TIA

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
Mike,

G13.445, 14.51, 14,53.

Having read the three rule sections rule I see they all note a +1 for Heavy Surf but the -1 only applies to the Tetrahedron.

This should mean that the Tetrahedron will suffer a -1 DRM to triggering the inherent A-B mine. I would interpret this to mean a dr of 2 becomes a 1 and the A-B is triggered normally (now requires a 1 or 2). A dr of 3 becomes a 2 and the LC is destroyed without the A-B attack effects. A dr of 4+ is no effect.

If the hex also has A-B mines (not part of the Tetrahedron) then that attack is affected by the +1 for Heavy Surf and thus less likely to detonate. So a 1 factor A-B mine would not detonate in Heavy Surf at all unless it is inherent to the Tetrahedron as above.

In my head I see the heavy Surf as making it more likely to "impale" an LC on a Tetrahedron but at the same time potentially "floating" an LC over an A-B minefield (with no Tetrahedron in the hex) in shallow water.