G12 LC vs Amphibs in BR:T

Legion

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
G12 states that the rules in that section do not apply to Amphibians - yet the only type of landing craft available is the non-LC LVT's...

1. This then implies that none of the LC rules apply to BR:T, correct?

Then to go to G14.51 Tetrahedrons, it states that the effects of these only affect LC... hence the Amphibian LVTs are safe from them .
2. So why bother buying tetrahedrons or have i missed a rule/errata here?
:eek:

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Legion said:
It has been awhile since I played BRT (and only the HOB version), but I think the reason to use the tetras is that it costs the vehicles one extra MP (which doesn't sound like much but it all adds up), and because the only way to put wire in the ocean hexes is with a tetrahedron. Wire is your friend.

AdrianE

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Legion said:
G12 states that the rules in that section do not apply to Amphibians - yet the only type of landing craft available is the non-LC LVT's...

1. This then implies that none of the LC rules apply to BR:T, correct?

Then to go to G14.51 Tetrahedrons, it states that the effects of these only affect LC... hence the Amphibian LVTs are safe from them .
:eek:
They do add an MP. If they have wire there is a bog check plus additional MP costs. The big reason is the inherent AT mine. That's in a BRT SSR.

Legion

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
AdrianE said:
They do add an MP. If they have wire there is a bog check plus additional MP costs. The big reason is the inherent AT mine. That's in a BRT SSR.
Yes i noticed that last night, so they do give that extra chance of the AT-mine... that is a nice squishy feeling
:D

AdrianE

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Legion said:
Yes i noticed that last night, so they do give that extra chance of the AT-mine... that is a nice squishy feeling
:D
The AT mines are actually very effective. If the AT mine goes off the LVT is either wrecked or burnt. The LVT is considered unarmored as it has a 0 AF.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
sgtono said:
0 AF does not necessarily mean unarmored. A star or double star does.
Vehicles with 0 armor are considered un-armored against minefield attacks. Somewhere in the minefield rules for a reference.