Fyi

AlAmos

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
1MPH series scenario and design kit.

This packet is for HPS' "The French and Indian War". I have made a new scenario kit for designers to make scenarios with. I've included a few scenarios of my own. The scenarios are one hour (12 turns long), and the maps are one mile square (42x42 hexes.)

I used a modified main.pdt file and renamed it MPH.pdt. I changed the weather lines and the night time. In this pdt file night ends at 4:30am and begins at 9:30 pm. Night turns are still one hour long, although I changed the visability to 3 hexes. I have placed 12 days worth of 'weather' into this pdt file. They are grouped into four three day segements. Each group is three consecutive days with the middle day having 'bad' weather. One group is in January:17th,18th, and 19th. Snow occurs on the second day, recommend using the snow terrain for any scenarios as this is my "winter" group. My "spring" group is set in April: 2nd, 3rd and 4th, and features fog/rain the second day. The third group is my "summer" group occuring in July: 11th, 12th and 13th. Hot weather hits on the middle day here. The fourth, and last group is my "fall" group. The foggy overcast day lands in between two day in October: 21st, 22nd, and 23rd.

I over developed the pdt weather for anyone who wishes to make other scenarios with this kit.

(Camp followers are coded as (N)atives to prevent them from acting like trained troops, forming line, etc. So in the unit box you will see "Indians". They're not real Indians, but washer-women officially allowed to follow the troops).

Two of the French forts have parrishes with Friars leading them. In the oob they will show up as: Perroquet de Duquesne w/Fr Denys Baron; and Perroquet de Boeuf w/Fr Gabriel Anheurer. This should allow players to model the unique aspect of the French presence in N. America.

Most scenarios have AI scripts.

In the scenaro editor you can "emplace" units, and not just artilley. (I learned this trick from Steve, thanks!) You will find wagons "emplaced" which represents supplies that are not mobile, and sick that are "emplaced" which represent those too sick or injured to move. Just to add to your headaches as a commander.

The oob files will allow players to make historical scenarios for 1754-55 in western Pennsylvania. I have made generic scenarios loosely based on the campaigns of Washington and Braddock. The industrious player can even create a full blown campaign or two with this kit.

Hope you like it.

al

-----

French unit labels:

Écoeuré et Nul - Sick & Invalid
Serviteur & Familier - Servants & Families
Pâture & Munitions - Food & Munitions

I've attempted to use the various native languages for each army and tribe (although I cheated for common Indian terms by using Chippewa vocabulary - see below.) Here is a list of terms you'll find in unit boxes and scenario descriptions:

COMMON: (Ojibwe used)

baashkizigewin - ammunition;
dasoode - families;
miijim - food;
nandobani - war party;
ogichidaag - warriors;
oshki-ogichidaag - young warriors (boys).

SPECIFIC TRIBES:

pullaook lenape - Deleware of the Turkey Clan;
moharala - big bird division;
koowahoke - pine region division;
opinghoki - ground oppossum division;
lelewayou - bird's cry division;

tookseat lenape - Deleware of the Wolf Clan;
maangreet - big feet division;
punaryou - dog standing by fireside division;
weesowhetko - yellow tree division;

pokekooungo lenape - Deleware of the Turtle Clan;
tungulungsi - smallest turtle division;
maharolukti - brave division;

ongwanonsioñni' - the Six Nations - Iroquois;
gweugwehono - Cayuga;
kahniankehaka - Mohawk;
onundagaono - Onandaga;
nundawaono - Seneca;
minqua - Mingo;
ohskennonton - deer clan;
a'nowara - tortise clan;
ohkwari' - bear clan;
okwaho - wolf clan;

myaamia - Miami;
kilatika band - ? english translation;
pepicokia band - ? english translation;
i'ilawa - turkey clan;
mongwa - loon clan;
hanozawa - panther clan;
ahseponna - raccoon clan;

shawano - Shawnee;
mekoche division - ? english translation;
pekowi division - ? english translation;
namathä' - turtle clan;
pesawä' - horse clan;
m'athwa' - owl clan;
manato' - snake clan;
psakethe' - deer clan;

nishnabek - Potowatami;
mashkode - prairie division;
maak - loon clan;
kakagshe - crow clan;
penna - turkey clan;

Pays d'en Haut - Up Country or Upper Country (fr);

makwa shinob - Chippewa of the Bear gen;
mong shinob - Chippewa of the Loon gen;
ojeejok shinob - Chippewa of the Crane gen;

sinago anishinabe - Ottawa of the Grey Squirrel;
sable anishinabe - Ottawa of the Sable;

attignawantan wendat - Hurons of the Bear clan (my own short hand form).
tahontaenrat wendat - Hurons of the Deer clan (my own short hand form).

-----

1MPH_001.scn A Winter's Day 8:00am January 17th, 1754

8:00 am 17 January 1754 *Fictitious* An inter-tribal raid. Vengeance: a powerful motivation. To right a perceived wrong, Koeentwahka, a pekowi shawano (Shawnee of the pekowi division) sends out his warriors in two nandobani (war-parties) to attack the unsuspecting pokekooungo lenape (Delaware of the Turtle Clan) under Shannopin in their village along the Allegheny River. As the ogichidaag (warriors) and oshki-ogichidaag (young warriors or boys) of the manato' (snake clan) and pesawä' (horse clan) creep closer to Shannopin's Town they see parties of dasoode (families) out collecting water and firewood. Surprise is complete. Inside chief Shannopin has no inclining of the impending attack. Will he be able to protect his people outside the villages stockade without compromising his village's safety? Will the Shawnee get Delaware prisoners and get away, or will they suffer a humiliating defeat at the hands of Shannopin's tungulungsi (smallest turtle division) and maharolukti (brave division) warriors? OBJECTIVE: Side with the greatest losses looses. 1 VP per man.

1MPH_002.scn Go away! 15:00pm April 4th, 1754

3:00 pm 4 April 1754 *Fictitious* Honanyawus, nundawaono (Seneca) chief leads five nations from Venango against Captain Trent's company at the forks of the Ohio. Trent is attempting to build a fort to uphold Virginia's claim on the Ohio country. Honanyawus' force comprises: his own a'nowara, ohkwari', and okwaho nundawaono (tortoise, bear, and wolf clans of Senecas); maangreet, punaryou, and weesowhetko tookseat lenape (big feet, dog standing by fireside, and yellow tree divisions of the Delaware of the Wolf Clan); manato' and pesawä' pekowi shawano (snake and horse clans of the pekowi division of Shawnees); tahontaenrat wendat (Hurons of the Deer clan);and sable anishinabe (Ottawas of the Sable clan). Will Captain Trent's company be wiped out by the ogichidaag (warriors) and oshki-ogichidaag (young warriors or boys) of Honanyawus nandobani (war parties)? Or, will he be able to live to complete his mission, and construct Ft. Prince George. OBJECTIVE: Side with the greatest losses looses. 1 VP per man.

1MPH_003.scn The forests have eyes. 9:00am April 2nd, 1754

9:00 am 2 April 1754 *Fictitious* Enroute to the forks of the Ohio to reinforce Captain Trent, Colonel Fry becomes very uneasy about his surroundings. It is as if "the forests have eyes." Moments later the ogichidaag (warriors) and oshki-ogichidaag (young warriors or boys) of Ensign de Langlade's Pays d'en Haut (Upper Country Indians) attack the Virginians' column. With blood curdling screams the makwa, mong, and ojeejok shinob (Bear, Loon, and Crane gens of the Chippewa); the sinago anishinabe (Ottawa of the Grey Squirrel); the maak, kakagshe, and penna nishnabek (Loon, Crow, and Turkey clans of the Potowatami); and the attignawantan wendat (Hurons of the Bear clan) descend upon the surprised troops. Will de Langlade's warriors wipe out Fry's column, or will the good Colonel survive to complete his mission? OBJECTIVE: Exit English off map. 1 VP per man.

1MPH_004.scn Snow blunder? 10:55am January 18th, 1754

10:55 am 18 January 1754 *Fictitious* In what was meant to be a punitive raid against Indians of Kittanning, Colonel Craven's command finds itself attacking in the midst of a snow storm. Huddled in their longhouses, behind their stockades the opinghoki and lelewayou pullaook lenape (ground opossum and bird's cry Delawares of the Turkey Clan) find themselves assaulted by the North Carolinians first and then by Mother Nature. Who is punishing whom, and who will survive this snowball fight? OBJECTIVE: Side with the greatest losses looses. 1 VP per man.

1MPH_005.scn Heat of Battle 9:45am July 12th, 1754

9:45 am 12 July 1754 *Fictitious* Okay, not technically a 1MPH scenario since its 36 turns (3 hours) long, but it looks cool. I took the French garrison from Ft. Duquesne and the Pays d'en Haut (Upper Country Indians) deployed them in two lines before thier camp (two line of fixed troops represents the camp) on the Great Meadows map, and viola! A battle was born. To oppose this group I marshalled the three British Independent Coys, Fry's, Craven's and Harvey's regiments of provincials. They too, are deployed in double battle line in front of thier camp (two lines of fixed troops). Each camp is worth 100 VPs (10 hexes x 10 VPs apiece.) OBJECTIVE: Defeat your opponent, and hold the battlefield. 1VP per man. SUGGESTION: Play this as the English vs the French AI the first time you play this scenario.

1MPH_006.scn Foggy Bottom 7:00am April 3rd, 1754

7:00 am 3 April 1754 *Fictitious* Okwaho and ohskennonton minqua (Wolf and Deer clan Mingo) ogichidaag (warriors) and oshki-ogichidaag (young warriors or boys), and the soldiers of Harvey's regiment peer into the fog looking to see if trouble looms. Just beyond out of sight Troupes de la Marine and moharala, koowahoke pullaook lenape (big bird and pine region divisions of Delewares of the Turkey Clan) and namathä', pesawä', and m'athwa' mekoche shawano (turtle, horse and owl clans of the mekoche Shawnee) from Logstown paddle silently toward thier nervous victims. OBJECTIVE: Take Redstone trading post, and chase the English away from the Monongahela. 1 VP per man.

1MPH_007.scn Please Mr. Craven... 1:00pm July 4th, 1754

1:00 pm 4 July 1754 *Fictitious* Inspired by the song, "Please Mr. Custer", a little ditty about the Battle of the Little Big Horn. I've placed Colonel Craven's command of about 300 men on a barren hilltop to face over 1,200 Indians. Ensign Charles de Langlade leads his Pays d'en Haut (Upper Country Indians), and ogichidaag (warriors) and oshki-ogichidaag (young warriors or boys) from the following tribes: moharala, koowahoke, opinghoki, lelewayou, maangreet, punaryou, weesowhetko, tungulungsi and maharolukti pullaook, tookseat and pokekooungo lenape (big bird, pine region, ground oppossum, and bird's cry divisions of the turkey, wolf and turltle clans of Delawares); a'nowara, ohkwari', and okwaho nundawaono (tortise, bear and wolf clans of the Seneca); okwaho and ohskennonton minqua (wolf and deer clans of the Mingo); namathä', pesawä', m'athwa', manato', and pesawä' mekoche and pesawä' shawano (turtle, horse, owl, snake and deer clans of the mekoche and pesawä' divisions of the Shawnee); tahontaenrat wendat (Hurons of the Deer clan): and sable anishinabe (Ottawa of the Sable). OBJECTIVE: Side with the greatest losses looses. 1 VP per man. SUGGESTION: Play this as the English vs the French AI the first time you play this scenario.

1MPH_008.scn A fort of necessity 11:00am July 11th, 1754

11:00 am 11 July 1754 *Fictitious* Colonel Fry's regiment recoils into a hastily built fort to receive the French attack. Capitaine de Contrecoeur leads his garrison out to punish the English for the execution of Ensign de Jumonville. Ensign Charles de Langlade leads his ogichidaag (warriors) and oshki-ogichidaag (young warriors or boys) Pays d'en Haut (Upper Country Indians) in support. ObBJECTIVE: Side with greatest losses looses. 1 VP per man.

1MPH_009.scn Storming Fort Duquesne 9:00am October 21st, 1754

9:00 am 21 October 1754 *Fictitious* Lacking heavy artillery to pound the French into submission, or forces or supplies to lay siege and starve the French out, the English decide to storm the walls of Fort Duquesne to force the French out of the Ohio country. The English camp is off map to the right. OBJECTIVE: Hold Fort Duquesne and neighboring structures (objective hexes). 1 VP per man.

1MPH_010.scn Storming Fort Duquesne 8:45am October 21st, 1754

8:45 am 21 October 1754 *Fictitious* Lacking heavy artillery to pound the French into submission, or forces or supplies to lay siege and starve the French out, the English decide to storm the walls of Fort Duquesne to force the French out of the Ohio country. The English camp is off map to the right. A two hour (24 turns) version of 1MPH_009.scn OBJECTIVE: Hold Fort Duquesne and neighboring structures (objective hexes). 1 VP per man.

1MPH_011.scn Niagara Falls! 6:30am April 3rd, 1754

6:30am 3 April 1754 *Fictitious* During an early morning mist ongwanonsioñni' ogichidaag (Iroquois warriors), represented by nundawaono (Seneca) and minqua (Mingo) creep up to the walls of Ft. Niagara. For reasons unknown they have decided to expell the French garrison under the command of Lt Boucher. The French garrison is reinforced with the Écoeuré et Nul (Sick & Invalid) of units that passed through the fort earlier during the year. OBJECTIVE: Occupy Ft. Niagara by holding the objective hexes, and wiping out the garrison. 1 VP per man.

1MPH_012.scn Ambuscade 10:30am July 12th, 1754

10:30am 12 July 1754 *Fictitious* Returning from an extended scouting mission Ensign de Langlade's tired Pays d'en Haut ogichidaag (Upper Country warriors) find themselves ambushed while crossing the Monongahela. Dumbstruck that Lt. Col. J. Harvey's North Carolinians have caught them on the march, the nandobani (war parties) of shinob (Chippewa), anishinabe (Ottawa), nishnabek (Potowatami), and wendat (Huron) struggle to defend themselves as they come across the rapids. 18 turns. OBJECTIVE: Side with greatest losses looses. 1VP per man.

1MPH_013.scn Family Feud 2:00pm October 23rd, 1754

2:00pm 23 October, 1754 *Fictitious* A dispute between Guyautha and Shingas of the pullaook lenape (Deleware of the Turkey Clan) has boiled over into war within the clan. On a late October afternoon thier respective nandobani (war parties) collide. OBJECTIVE: Side with the greatest losses looses. 1 VP per man.

------
The packets are available at the GameSquad site.

http://forums.gamesquad.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=103