FUNdamentals of ASL

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Is there some aspect, maneuver, tactic, unit, sleaze, terrain or whatever that you do or use in ASL just for the pure fun of it?

Ours was DYO. It was a welcome break from the " serious " parts of our ASL endeavors. Non-historically accurate as you could possibly get. Outlandish from a gaming aspect also. Great stuff!! We loved it.🥰🥰🤗🤗

Last edited:

trailrunner

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One time, my opponent wanted to see how far he could manhandle a gun, so he rolled for it every turn. It was out of the battle so it didn’t really matter. We joked about giving him a negative DRM for rolling it down a hill.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Not so much, but my opponent Massacred the other day, just because 🙄
Tactics...

Means I could discard the prisoners and not have to enforce No Quarter. Take the prisoners then "zigaretten kameraden?"...

Under-estimated and under-utilised.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
One time, my opponent wanted to see how far he could manhandle a gun, so he rolled for it every turn. It was out of the battle so it didn’t really matter. We joked about giving him a negative DRM for rolling it down a hill.
Sounds like a great House Rule!

Chris_Riches

Reaction score
Country
ll
I remember back in the SL days we were playing a scenario where I had captured the bridge to win, but my opponent had died trying to rush onto it with a DC, hence leaving an unpossessed DC in the middle of the bridge. He had a -3 or -4 sniper (when they existed as counters) so we agreed if he rolled a “2” then he had hit the fuse and detonated it. Yep, that’s what he did.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I remember back in the SL days we were playing a scenario where I had captured the bridge to win, but my opponent had died trying to rush onto it with a DC, hence leaving an unpossessed DC in the middle of the bridge. He had a -3 or -4 sniper (when they existed as counters) so we agreed if he rolled a “2” then he had hit the fuse and detonated it. Yep, that’s what he did.
Lol that is great! I surely loved the SL Snipers.🥰

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
I hope to live enough to read an AAR where G 1.641 not only is used but it's also necessary to win a scenario.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Is there some aspect, maneuver, tactic, unit, sleaze, terrain or whatever that you do or use in ASL just for the pure fun of it?

Ours was DYO. It was a welcome break from the " serious " parts of our ASL endeavors. Non-historically accurate as you could possibly get. Outlandish from a gaming aspect also. Great stuff!! We loved it.🥰🥰🤗🤗
Finns vs Russians
Both sides enter
5 boards
Night
Fog
Deep Snow
Ski equipped Finnish Cavalry
Can't Recall what the Russkies had but was equally sick.

" Played for ten turns and never saw each other. " Fish.

Actually pretty historically accurate in the outcome if not the OB. Probably a significant percentage of Recon Patrols never were In Contact with the enemy.

The DYO that we both Recalled. Great fun!! 🤗

Last edited:

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Finns vs Russians
Both sides enter
5 boards
Night
Fog
Deep Snow
Ski equipped Finnish Cavalry
Can't Recall what the Russkies had but was equally sick.

" Played for ten turns and never saw each other. " Fish.

Actually pretty accurate historically accurate in the outcome if not the OB. Probbly a significant percentage of Recon Patrols never were In Contact with the enemy.

The DYO that we both Recalled. Great fun!! 🤗
The buying was the fun part. We would spend as much time doing that as actually playing the silly thing.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Driving vehicles onto a Wooden Bridge to collapse it.

Unexpectedly crossing Ice with vehicles to avoid the one Bridge with every Gun in creation trained on it - and getting away with it, because the Ice holds. 🤣 Oh boy, that was fun!

von Marwitz

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States

Unexpectedly crossing Ice with vehicles to avoid the one Bridge with every Gun in creation trained on it - and getting away with it, because the Ice holds. 🤣 Oh boy, that was fun!

von Marwitz
Reminds me of the Calvin and Hobbes cartoon where Calvin asks his Dad how they figure out the weight limit for a bridge. His Dad said they keep driving heavier vehicles over it till it collapses then rebuild it!🤣🤣🤣🤣

Calvin's Dad is great!!🥰

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States

von Marwitz
Bridges?!!? We don't need no stinking bridges! 🤣

From " The Treadheads of the Sierra Madre. "

Starring Humphrey " Bogie Wheel " Boghard

Last edited: