Fun in the Jungle (Silvanski vs Veers in Burma)

Silvanski

TOAW Redux Dude
Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
Turn 18

Reached Mandalay, but very important, also landed a small force on the Andaman Islands. This will affect the Commonwealth's supply:devious:

Silvanski

TOAW Redux Dude
Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
Quickie update
We're on turn 26 now. My Japanese troops have moved far north into Burma but Commonweath rezistance is stiffening

Silvanski

TOAW Redux Dude
Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
Turn 29
We finally reached the Indian border, which as I expected was strongly defended

Tiddim proved to be a key city and the ferocious battle there seems to turn into yet another Allied disaster. As soon as my follow-up units arrive I'll be able to manage the decisive breakthrough!

Last edited:

Silvanski

TOAW Redux Dude
Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
news from Veers, baseball summer... we'll have to wait till later to continue this campaign

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Congratulations to Silvain!
He has brought my feeble defensive efforts down all around me, with the end being decided after a 5 week siege of Dimapur, ending with my inglorious defeat.

KUDOS to Silvain on his first victory!

Silvanski

TOAW Redux Dude
Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
Thanks Wyatt, a real gentleman in defeat.

The key to succes is not to waste time... push push push, like the Wehrmacht in Barbarossa... smash the Commonwealth troops in the south and race north before they get reinforcements and air superiority -which they got when I marched on Dimapur.
I took some risks, not bothering too much about bridges blown behind me and -very risky indeed- leaving only a small screening border defense in the east... During the last turns I spotted Chinese units popping up there... I had to win the battle for Dimapur ...
It's essential to use your shock TO's carefully.. glad I had some left for the final assault.