FTF Opponents Wanted Derbyshire UK

Shamus2d6

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
Here goes a Forlorn hope!

I have just moved to Duffield, Derbyshire ASL kit safely in place. Just kinda wondering whether there are FTF players in the area. I have pretty well most kit and a fair array of HASL's including LFT's HASL's. I have been an on off player for many years; now I am settled it would be good to find out if any of you guys are anywhere near.

All the best

Shamus

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi Shamus

not such a forlorn hope. One guy Simon lives in Derby, nice guy and building play level with good rules knowledge. Another, James lives near Alfreton in Derbyshire though he is playing a little less at the moment. I live just accross the boarder in Notts. Timing for me is bad as I am ill at the moment but can probably put you in touch with the others and maybe pick something up later on recovery

Ian

Shamus2d6

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
Ian, thankyou for getting in touch; I hope you are feeling better soon. I would really appreciate being put in touch with some of the ASL folk you know. All the best Shamus.

simon131

Reaction score
Country
ll
Hi Shamus, Ian has dropped me a line following your post. I am just up the road in Derby, have some local opponents but not always regular due to commitments etc. therefore would be great to have another FTF player locally. Like you have most kit, some from when ASL launched but only playing seriously last couple of years, completed approx. 30 scenarios including going to some of the recent Tourneys. Sounds like we should try and meet? Simon

Shamus2d6

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
Hello Simon, thanks for getting in touch, sounds like we have the beginning of a plan. I have played on VASL/FTF with a pretty tough opponent from Indy a tournament player and have been known to beat him a few times so have played quite a lot of scenarios, not done any tourneys myself but have considered doing Pete Phillips event at Blackpool sometime in the future. It would be good to get more practice in to give him a tougher run. I'll drop you an email under the notifications tab at the top of the page here see if it works. Shamus (Sean)