FTC 8

benj

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Something like that, but your mileage may vary. ;-)

We already tried to setup a real e-commerce tool and went as far as a prototype, but as the products are sent from a variety of places (France, Cambodia), it was a nightmare to handle fair shipping costs.

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The information on the scenarios is very helpful. I am curious about the articles. What are the topics?

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Hi ,

Err... do you mean I can really order and pay directly, or is it still I order, then I exchange emails with Xavier, he sends the pack then loses my payment and we have more email exchanges until I've really paid for the product? :)
Yes, more or less it will be like you wrote Philippe :)

Give me a few days to return to Europe and I will start shipping FTC 8.

Best,

X

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Hi,

The information on the scenarios is very helpful. I am curious about the articles. What are the topics?
The Free French, the Panzer Brigades 1944, 10 questions to Psycho, map 55, Luneville historical article and linked scenarios, a small article about Moscow's armor museum, a long one about KGS and a bibliography. I think that's it, but IMO the best are the scenarios. Really enjoyed developping "Alsatian Verdun", a biggie with plenty of stuff, as well as Lionel's Luneville scenarios.

Best,

X

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Xavier scrambles to send the goodies out first and then followup with an invoice afterwards. He cares about the hobby more than the business and it is clearly apparent in his actions.

Not that it ever crossed my mind but given what I know about Xavier it's probably one of the worst ideas to stiff him on payments anyway ...

Rgds Jack

PS .. I am ordering this together with a few other items from BattleSchool

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Put my order in through Gamer's Armory today. Looking forward to it. Thanks X.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Got my FTC in the mail today; promptly connected to Paypal to, finally, pay for it (sorry X.)

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Same happened to me when I ordered Kampfgruppe Scherer from them, it showed up in the mail before I paid for it as well. It's impossible for us to say anything negative about them now, they've boughten our silence! ;-)

Jeffrey D Myers

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thank you, Xavier, mine was indeed waiting for me, and both articles and scenarios look stunning.

Particularly happy about the KGS materials, as that is what I have been playing face-to-face at work for some time.

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
Very nice looking pack with very interesting scenarios! I always like the new counter art depicted as well as the colorized map setup.

Q: RE: FT223 The Kings Of Bollersdorf

Your map depictions always show the terrain after SSR modifications are made, and Grain is always Plowed Fields in April. The map depiction shows all the Grain as in-season. Should it be considered Grain or Plowed Fields? [I ask because FT221 Independance Day is also set in April, shows the grain as Plowed Fields on the maps, and SSRs (1) that "Grain (plowed) is Bog Terrain (D8.2)".]

So, for FT223, is the map depiction incorrect, or was Grain meant to be in-season?

Thanks!

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Thanks for your kind words and my bad on that one: should be considered Plowed Fields, the depiction is wrong and I am the one who laid it out.

All the best,

X

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have just received my copy of FTC 8 and I am very pleased!
In the fine tradition of Kampfgruppe Scherer and Operation Chariot, this is one of the most aesthetically pleasing and professionally produced ASL products which I own.

As a bonus, I was very excited to see the Kohima and Warsaw uprising map art work and the announcement of LFT 14 (Italians!) in the future.
LFT is my new 'auto-buy' as is BFP.I
I just hope I can track down a copy of LFT 12 (Crimea) before it becomes extinct!

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
I just hope I can track down a copy of LFT 12 (Crimea) before it becomes extinct!
If it's Crimea that you want, then it's issue 13. SCG (England) has it.
Yuri0352, if you live in the States like I do, have no qualms whatsoever ordering overseas from SCG. Paul provided myself the same suggestion several years ago, and I received prompt and accurate service from them. I liked the way their website does the currency conversion for you.