FT271 Lock of Colmar?

semenza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In this scenario what level are the off board hill hexes along the Allied entry edge?

Thanks

semenza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi,

Thanks. That should be SSRed and added to errata. Makes a big difference on how fast the Allies can enter on the hill. It's a fun scenario with some great maneuver opportunities.

Seth

benj

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I assume that in most cases, since you do not cross a crest line by moving from offboard you pay the regular 1MF cost to enter an hex. In some cases, there is a crest line crossed from lower location so regular elevation change costs apply. Is there really a need for an errata? It looks vanilla rules to me.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I assume that in most cases, since you do not cross a crest line by moving from offboard you pay the regular 1MF cost to enter an hex. In some cases, there is a crest line crossed from lower location so regular elevation change costs apply. Is there really a need for an errata? It looks vanilla rules to me.
A2.51 does not define the level of offboard hexes. By q&a it is level zero (unless W1.1 applies). A crest line is defined as a place where two hexes meet that are at different levels [b10.11]. From what I understand this scenario has entry hexes at different levels. By following the rules and q&a, it would seem that entry to those hexes would gain elevation from level zero to the hex level.

JR

lionelc62

Reaction score
First name
Lionel
Country
llFrance
A2.51 does not define the level of offboard hexes. By q&a it is level zero (unless W1.1 applies). A crest line is defined as a place where two hexes meet that are at different levels [b10.11]. From what I understand this scenario has entry hexes at different levels. By following the rules and q&a, it would seem that entry to those hexes would gain elevation from level zero to the hex level.

JR
Ok, let's add that : The terrain features in hexes East of row W on board 71 and of row C on board 81, exist for offboard mouvement / Board entry purpose only.

Somebody knows a better wording for this SSR ?

Lionel

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Ok, let's add that : The terrain features in hexes East of row W on board 71 and of row C on board 81, exist for offboard mouvement / Board entry purpose only.

Somebody knows a better wording for this SSR ?

Lionel
There are standard SSR for such cases......you can find them in many official scenarios.