FT266 A Fine Mess... VC Clarification

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am getting ready to play this as the defending German. Among other things, VPs are awarded for squads (2 VP each) and HS/Crew/SMC (1 VP each) "held as a prisoner at game end".

My question is this: Considering the way the VC is specifically stated, if a prisoner is killed by its own side, do the French still receive the VP(s)? Of course, eliminating same side prisoners is still is counted as CVP when calculating CVP. However, the VCs are not referencing CVP in this portion or any other portion of the scenario VCs; only VPs. I am curious the intention here before we start.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

benj

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Only VP (as stated in the VC) are counted, not CVP. The intention was that the French take prisoners back to HQ for intelligence instead of rounding them up against the wall. So if the German kills prisoners, they are not counted as VP.

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Only VP (as stated in the VC) are counted, not CVP. The intention was that the French take prisoners back to HQ for intelligence instead of rounding them up against the wall. So if the German kills prisoners, they are not counted as VP.
Extremely helpful, benj. I thought the French directive to take prisoners may been the case historically, but there was no mention of this in the historical narrative on the card so I wanted to be sure. Thank you for the clarification!