FT24 East of Tortosa Overlay questions

hoxson1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don't see any errata on this. There are two Pond overlays but it does not specify which map they go on. And it has a Wd overlay but does not say which one it is. Anyone have any answers? thanks

62nd Army

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Greetings

I checked my errata, nothing on this, there are other overlays which have the board listed??

The correct scenario # is FT27, not FT24 :)

Hopefully a LFT person can answer this.

Regards
Joe

hoxson1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes FT27! It does show board 7 for the overlays OG4,OG5 and B4. But is says "P1 on U6, P2 on Q7/Q8 and Wd 7H9/G9"
But not which Wd it is. My guess is all are on Board 7 because the P2 if put on Board 11 would be on top of a hill.

62nd Army

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes FT27! It does show board 7 for the overlays OG4,OG5 and B4. But is says "P1 on U6, P2 on Q7/Q8 and Wd 7H9/G9"
But not which Wd it is. My guess is all are on Board 7 because the P2 if put on Board 11 would be on top of a hill.
I agree, that makes the most sense on this!!

Have fun with the scenario and let us know how is goes!!

Thanks
Joe

hoxson1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Any FT folks that can answer the Woods overlay question in FT27 scenario? " Wd ?? 7H9/G9" .

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Sorry, don't have my stuff here but I will try to check this week end on my computer if I can find the answer to your question.

Best,

X

hoxson1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Xavier, absolutely no hurry. Also the board for the two pond overlays is not shown, they seem strange on either board.
Either stuck out on the islands or hugging the hills?? Attaching a display of my dismay.

Attachments

hoxson1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
May have found some clues on the display of the map on the scenario card. My scenario scan is pretty bad but these two things appear fairly clear. 1) Wd5 looks like the right overlay. The correct language would be 7H9/7G10. 2) The OG5 coordinates should be 7T3/7U4. Hex F9 has a bluish hue and if left alone, it does have water in it. So now the OG4 overlay is in total question; there would be no need for it under the Wd5 location. And I do not see any bluish hexes in any of the Pond possible locations on either board since neither board is referenced. I have only created more questions!

Attachments

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
Based on the map, I'm with you that OG5 is at 7T3/U4 and Wd5 at 7H9/G10. I would argue OG4 (not B4) is at 7C9/D8 based on the image. No idea where the Brush and pond overlay go other than in the Republican set up in states 7Q7 is NA for setup so no P2 there? It might make sense to add the Ponds to 7L6, M7, N7 to keep three hexes to far bank (part of VC) and exclusion for using 7Q7 but I don't see that in the map.

Finally, The Republican setup states the MG platoon must enter on east side on 7I10, Q10 or Y10. However, either the north arrow is wrong, these units should be entering on 7I1, Q1 or Y1, or both boards need to be reversed (see Nationalist I Tabor entry hexes). I think the entry hexes for both sides should be reversed on each board but again, just a guess based on intent of VC.

hoxson1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Verry Interresting! I do see now the north arrow is at the ends with the board numbers. So the entry instructions for the MG platoon (if they are correct) would have them enter mid-board area without having crossed the river and they have no rafts as part of their group, so it looks like they just appear out of nowhere on Turn 1 as part of the force west of the river. "On any east road" actually would seem right if you were on Bd11 defending, those roads are East of you. VC says the west bank is what the Nationals are defending (Bd11) so the arrow looks to be correct based on VC.

Attachments