FT196 Spittelmarkt

AZslim

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I will NEVER remember that I can't hover my pointer over a stack to see what's in it unless I'm actually IN VASL!

Nice AAR. Love this style.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thanks man.

But you are right. I tend to forget that you CAN'T inspect an opponent's (unconcealed) stack when none of my units have LOS to it.

Rgds Jack

I will NEVER remember that I can't hover my pointer over a stack to see what's in it unless I'm actually IN VASL!

Nice AAR. Love this style.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
It's a stupid rule but you can drive right through roadblocks and wire if they're not on the map (not minefields, right Steve?).
Per A12.33 units pay no extra MF/MP, but that does not remove the other effects of the Fortification. So, for instance, a foxhole that would be four extra MP for a truck is zero extra MP if the foxhole remains HIP. A HIP wire counter is still a bog check for a vehicle (but costs no extra MP). A roadblock costs zero extra MF for infantry/cavalry to cross, but still blocks a vehicle because that is not an extra MP.

Q&A said:
A12.33, B26.42, B26.43, B26.44, B27.55, B27.56, G9.4, G9.422, G9.46, & G9.53
Per A12.33, "€œ[a] unit entering/exiting a hidden Fortification pays no MF/MP to do so, provided that Fortification remains hidden including Infantry/Cavalry (only) crossing a roadblock hexside." Infantry pays no extra cost for entering a Wire or Panji Location, but rather pays to move beneath the Wire/Panji [B26.44; G9.4]. Is this considered “entering” hidden Wire/Panji, and so costs 0 MF?
A. Infantry going beneath Wire is "Wire Exit"€ and thus costs no MF if the Wire is hidden. This is not the case for vehicles, however. Panjis are entirely different per the last sentence of G9.4.

Do the non-MF related restrictions apply, e.g. can a CX/dashing unit cross HIP Wire [B26.46]?
A. Yes, e.g., no.

Does a friendly unit take a Panji MC when crossing HIP Panjis [G9.4]? Is Panji concealment loss applicable while the Panji are still HIP [G9.53]? Is Horse/Bicycle elimination [G9.422] applicable while the Panji are still HIP?
A. Yes to all.

Can Cavalry/Motorcycles/horse-drawn vehicles enter HIP Wire [B26.42]?
A. No.

Does HIP Wire cause Bog checks [B26.43]?
A. Yes.

Does a HIP Trench cause Bog or prohibit entrance [B27.55]?
A. Yes.

Does a HIP A-T Ditch prohibit vehicular movement [B27.56]?
A. Yes.

Does a HIP Wire or Panji prevent Bypass [B26.44, G9.46]?
A. Yes.
JR