Ft S7 Looks Like the Fourth of July

hayman

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Much appreciated David & Rich.

I look forward to any other Seoul AARs you may post in the future. ?

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I enjoyed playing FT7. We just laid it out and let fly, learning curve to follow.

The fortress wall adds a new feature, like a factory interior wall out in the public spaces. Channels the attack and makes the three US DCs important to breach and "unchannel" the attack. There are two seperate walls, the second protecting the four stone location VC, so save at least one DC.

The Dense Urban Terrain is present but was not significant as David did not choose to attack through it. He said the smell in there was offputting.

At setup, I put three squads upfront next to the fortress wall on the KPA left, thinking they were relatively safe. They would control one of the two fortress wall gaps.

Oops, two DCs later a swarm of 248 fireteams came through the breaches onto my 426 rookies. My ambush and CC rolls were good enough to allow my 426/426/447 to die honorable deaths. They took three 248s to valhalla, but most importantly delayed his wall attack for two turns, which allowed me to reposition ( see David's writeup)

I thought that I smelled my cooked goose around turn four as my 10 squad equivalents now numbered six (1.5/8+1 in the mined VC Russian Embassy, enjoying sturgeon caviar with no prospects for combat).

Another, a 527/lmg, was rolling around with six of those nasty 248 fire teamies in an irrelevant clump of buildings behind the second wall gap (see picture number 4 or so). They did enjoy killing three of their tormentors and did significantly aid the KPA cause by dying very slowly, a fact their widows did not fully appreciate.

Things turned for me, when my 447 in the right CC53 VC area building, swatted away a 248 with a "2,2" on the boulevard, then broke an onrushing 768 with FPF "2,3" roll. That allowed my 8+1 to put down his caviar, double time and help the 447 eliminate both the US brokies for FTR.

On my left, the palace compound, the lone concealed 426 amongst dummies advanced into two breaching 248s for a CC game of "bet the VC". He ambushed and eliminated both 248s.

As David states, one ambush later my goose actually tasted very good.

Those 768s are really tough as casualty results just eliminate one 248, leaving two 248s to deal with.

Has good replay value. Nice tourney sized entree.

Last edited: