Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
The exact wording for this rule is:

"Each FT/DC removed from play during the preceding scenario (regardless of why it was removed) is retained by the original owning side only if the original effects DR causing its removal and made by the original owner was = or less than 10"

Does this mean that a random SW destruction roll made by the enemy against a FT/DC does not count for replenishment?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I am not sure a a FT/DC eliminated by Random SW Destruction gets replenished at all, since it would not be removed by an "Original effects DR" - it would be removed due to a drm.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Okay. That makes sense. So what about in CC? Would that be the same because the FT/DC is eliminated by a final dr?

Is it right to assume that the only time a FT (only) gets replenished is when the owner makes an IFT DR of 10? The FT is removed on an IFT DR of 10 but because it was an effects DR of = or less than 10 it is replenished in the refit phase. I cannot think of any other situation where a FT would be replenished.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
You can also make a TK DR with a FT.
True. So firing the FT either on the IFT or TK and rolling a 10 is the only way it will be replenished? All other forms of elimination won't be replenished? I can't think of any myself.

el sieve

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
True. So firing the FT either on the IFT or TK and rolling a 10 is the only way it will be replenished? All other forms of elimination won't be replenished? I can't think of any myself.
Non-elite use would eliminate it on an 8 or 9, right?

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does non elite use reduce the retained number as well?

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does non elite use reduce the retained number as well?
Nah, but the other criteria is having enough Assault Engineer Squads available for replenishment, so early in RB CGs you don't see many of them return if used.