FT 241 "Commando Beach 2"

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
The answer to my question may seem cut & dry, but I just want to be absolutely sure!

One of the SSR in this scenario states that the "stream is dry". Was the river(bed) also meant to be dry? If not, I can only imagine the insane probability of any, let alone a few, Italians being able to cross that lone bridge to the other side. Swimming (optional Ch. E) is the only alternative, and they would only come out of the river unarmed. Actually exiting an Italian MMC off the south edge seems borderline madness. Perhaps I am missing something, but it would seem that even an average British defensive setup could stop it in its tracks. With no Italian SMOKE, the Brits don't even have to try for Controlling the bridge Location; they can just "make Italian sausage" for a few turns to secure the win. The Italians being Fanatic across the board (SSR) would not seem to alleviate this problem much. {I have a feeling the stream IS dry, and the river is NOT, so perhaps I am voicing my incredulousness that the Italians have any chance of winning.....B-6/It-3 on ROAR not withstanding}

@sswann Any help understanding this one, neighbor?

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
Only the one-hex stream running across the center of the board is Dry.
The Gully with water is NOT the Stream of the SSR.